The Usual Suspects

3rd Person P.O.V
In a bustling office, a man name Peter Sheridan is on his cell phone, a mug of coffee in his other hand. "Under what name? Oh, yeah, that's my favorite so far. Possible ID's in three states that we know of." He said into his phone, he pulls a paper from the fax machine and stares at it. "I gotta call you back." He said.

Sheridan enters an interrogation room and he sits down. "Well, first I thought you were just stepping up your game. Credit card fraud, breaking and entering, and this one... puzzled me. Grave desecration. But still these are a long way from murder. Then we get a fax from St. Louis. Where you're suspected of torturing and murdering a young woman. However, no one could prove anything, of course, because supposedly you died there. But I gotta tell you something. You look pretty healthy to me. So now we know Karen Giles wasn't the first person you murdered." He said, to someone else in the room.

Meanwhile, a SWAT team approaches a motel room from the outside. They run up to the 2nd-floor, breaking open one of the doors with a battering ram. Inside the room, Sam stops, holding his hands up.

A woman, Diana Ballard advances on Sam, her gun forward. "Going somewhere, Sam?" She asked. Sam stares back, nervous. Ballard glances around the room. "Where's your brother?" She asked.

Back at the station, Sheridan was still talking to the prisoner. "But I guarantee you she's the last." He said, standing and walk out of the room. (Name) watches him leave, with a hard glared.

Once Sheridan was gone, she looks down at the handcuff, attached to her wrist and the table. She lift up her arm as far as she could, listening to chain jingle. "Balls." She muttered, dropping her hand back on the tables, looking more annoyed than scared.

In the morning, the policewoman from earlier enters another interrogation room, where Sam is pacing by the window. "Thought you might be thirsty." She said, placing a cup of coffee on the table. "Okay, so you're the good cop. Where's the bad cop?" Sam asked, jokedly. "Oh, he's with your girlfriend." Ballard replied, Sam scoffed not even bothering to corrected her. "Okay. And you're holding us why?" He asked.

"Well, she's being held on suspicion of murder. And you, we'll see." Ballard said, Sam leans forward, shocked. "Murder?!" He asked. "You sound genuinely surprised. Or are you that good of an actor?" Ballard asked. "Who was she supposed to have murdered?!" Sam asked. "We'll get around to that." She replied.

"Well, you can't just hold us here without formal charges!" Sam said, stepping away from the table. "Well actually, we can, for forty eight hours, but you being a pre-law student, would know that. I know all about you, Sam." Ballard said, taking out a file and begins reading.

"You're twenty three years old, no job, no home address. Your mother died when you were a baby, your father's whereabouts are unknown. Your brother's whereabouts are unknown but we impounded his car so we knows he's still in town. He was last seen with (Name), whose demise was, well, just a little bit exaggerated. Feel free to jump in whenever you like." She said, Sam leans against the wall, folding his arms.

"Shy? No problem. I'll keep going. Your family moved around a lot when you were a kid. Despite that, you were a straight-A student. Got into Stanford with a full ride. Then about a year ago there was a fire in your apartment. One fatality. Jessica Moore, your girlfriend. After she died, you fell off the grid. Left behind everything." She said, closing the file.

"I needed some time off. To deal. So I'm taking a road trip with my brother and an old friend." Sam said, quietly. "How's that going for you?" Ballard asked. "Great. I mean... we saw the second largest ball of twine in the continental US. Awesome." Sam said, pulling a chair to the table and straddles it.

"We ran (Name's) fingerprints through AFIS." Ballard said. "Okay." Sam replied. "Got over a dozen possible hits." Ballard said. "Possible hits. Which makes them worthless." Sam said. "But it makes you wonder. What are we gonna find when we run your prints?" Ballard asked.