Bloody Mary

The boys and I have been on the road for a couple hours, heading to Toledo, Ohio to look into a case. On the ride over, the lack of sleep finally got to Sam and he fell asleep. However upon reaching our destination, he began fidgeting in the passenger seat.

I lean forward in the backseat, placing my hand hand on his shoulder. "Sam, wake up." I said, lightly shaking him. Sam wakes up confused, then sits up looking around. He then looks at Dean and I. "I take it I was having a nightmare." He said. "Yeah, another one." I said, looking at him concern. "Hey, at least I got some sleep." Sam said, sarcastically.

"You know, sooner or later we're gonna have to talk about this." Dean told him. "Are we here?" Sam asked, looking pass me at the rear window. "Yup. Welcome to Toledo, Ohio." Dean said, I grab the newspaper from the backseat and handed it Sam for him to read about the victim, Steven Shoemaker.

"So what do you guys think really happened to this guy?" Sam asked. "That's what we're gonna find out." I said, siding to the door on Sam's side to get out of the car. "Let's go." Dean said, getting out as well along with Sam and we headed into the building.

We walk into room 144, marked Morgue. There's were two desks, with empty one having a nameplate that says Dr. D. Feiklowicz. The other one has the Morgue Technician. "Hey." The man greeted us, as we walked in. "Hey." Dean said as we walk over to his desk. "Can I help you?" The Morgue Tech asked us. "Yeah. We're the, uh... med students." Dean replied. "Sorry?" The Morgue Tech said, looking at him confused.

"Oh, Doctor..." Dean said, stumbling over the name. "....Figlavitch didn't tell you? We talked to him on the phone. He, uh, we're from Ohio State. He's supposed to show us the Shoemaker corpse. It's for our paper." He explained.

"Well, I'm sorry, he's at lunch." The Morgue Tech said. "Oh well he said, uh.... oh, well, you know, it doesn't matter. You don't mind just showing us the body, do you?" Dean asked him. "Sorry, I can't. Doc will be back in an hour. You can wait for him if you want." The Morgue Tech replied.

"An hour? Ooh. We gotta be heading back to Columbus by then." Dean said, glancing to Sam and I. "Yeah." Sam said. "Totally." I said, nodding. "Uh, look, man, this paper's like half our grade, so if you don't mind helping us out..." Dean said.

"Uh, look, man... no." The Morgue Tech replied, Dean laughs a little and turns around. "I'm gonna hit him in his face I swear." He mumbles, causing Sam to hits him on the arm. He steps in front of Dean and opens his wallet and pulls out some twenties. He lays a few of them, at least five, down on the Morgue Tech's desk.

The Morgue Tech picks up the money. "Follow me." He said, getting up and leaving. Dean grabs Sam when he tries to follow. "Dude, I earned that money." He growled. "You won it in a poker game." Sam told him. "Yeeah." Dean replied.

We follows the Morgue Tech over to a table where Steven's body is held and covered up by a sheet. "Now the newspaper said his daughter found him. She said his eyes were bleeding." Sam said. The Morgue Tech pulls back the sheet over Steven's face. "More than that. They practically liquefied." He said.

"Any sign of a struggle? Maybe somebody did it to him?" I asked. "Nope. Besides the daughter, he was all alone." The Morgue Tech said. "What's the official cause of death?" Sam asked. "Ah, Doc's not sure. He's thinking massive stroke, maybe an aneurysm? Something burst up in there, that's for sure." The Morgue Tech said. "What do you mean?" Sam asked.

"Intense cerebral bleeding. This guy had more blood in his skull than anyone I've ever seen." The Morgue Tech explained. "The eyes are mashed. What would cause something like that?" I asked. "Capillaries can burst. See a lot of bloodshot eyes with stroke victims." The Morgue Tech said.