Houses Of The Holey

Gloria was seated quietly on her bed in a psych ward reading a book held in her left hand, when Sam and I enter her room, dressed in white scrubs. "Good morning. You're not the usual people." She said, turning to look at us.

"No, uh, just filling in. So how you feeling today, Gloria?" Sam asked her. "I've never felt better." She replied. "So, no disturbances lately?" I asked. "You mean am I stark raving cuckoo for cocoa puffs?" Gloria asked. "I didn't say that." I said.

"It's all right. I know what people must think." Gloria said. "What do you think?" Sam asked her. "I think what I saw was real." She said, Sam looks around, pulls up a chair for both of us and sets the clipboard he's carrying down. We sit down and Sam leans forward, elbows on knees, and gives her an intensely earnest look. "We'd like to know what you saw." He said.

"It was all over the news. I stabbed a man in the heart." Gloria said. "Why would you do that?" I asked. "Because it was God's will." She replied. "Did God talk to you?" Sam asked. "No. I get the sense God's a little busy for house calls. No, he, he sent someone." Gloria replied.

"Someone?" I asked, confused. "An angel. It came to me in this beautiful white light, and it filled me with this feeling. It's, it's hard to describe." She explained. "And this angel..." Sam said, curious.

"Spoke God's Word." Gloria said. "And the Word was to kill someone?" Sam asked. "I know, it sounds strange. But what I did was very important. I helped him smite an evil man. I was chosen. For redemption." Gloria said.

"This man you stabbed, did the angel give you his name?" I asked. "No, he just told me to wait for the sign. And the very next day I saw it, right beside the man's doorway. And I knew." She replied. "Why him?" Sam asked.

"I just know what the angel told me: that this man was guilty to his deepest foundations. And that was good enough for me." Gloria explained, Sam and I exchanged a worried look.

We return to the motel where we found Dean lying on his bed, which was vibrating, as he listens to music on his phone. He looks sort of blissful. "Hey." Sam said to him, but he doesn't respond or even notice we're here.

Sam walks over and smacks Dean on the boot. "Hey!" He said loudly, getting his attention. "Hey. Man, you gotta try this. I mean there really is magic in the." Dean said, using air quotes. "Dean, you're enjoying that way too much. It's kind of making me uncomfortable." Sam said.

"What am I supposed to do? I mean, you've got me on lockdown here, I'm bored out of my skull. I don't see why (Name) gets to leave motel. She's the one that dickbag really wants." Dean grumbled. "Hey, you were the bank robber on the eleven o'clock news, not me. We can't risk you just walking into a government facility." I said.

"Hmm." Dean hummed, annoyed. Sam waves a dismissing hand at Dean as he turns to go into the bathroom. The bed shutters to stillness. "Aw, dammit! That was my last quarter. Hey! You got any quarters?" Dean asked me as he pulled his headphones out and gets up.

"No." I replied, Dean crossing the room and leaning on the doorway to the bathroom, where Sam is washing his face. "Dude, you got any quarters?" He asked. "No!" Sam replied.

"So did you get in to see that crazy hooker?" Dean then asked. "Yeah. Gloria Sitnick. And I'm not so sure she's crazy." Sam said, turning off the sink and turning around. "But she seriously believes that she was... touched by an angel?" Dean asked.

"Yeah. Blinding light, feelings of spiritual ecstasy, the works. I mean, she's living in a locked ward and she's totally at peace." I explained. "Oh yeah, you're right Sammy, sounds completely sane. What about the dude she stabbed?" Dean asked.

"Uh, Carl Gully. She said she killed him because he was evil." Sam said. "Was he?" Dean asked. "We don't know. I mean, we couldn't find any dirt on him. I mean, he didn't have a criminal record, he worked at the campus library, had lots of friends. He was a churchgoer." Sam explained, stepping out of the bathroom.