The Monster At The End Of This Book

The boys and I enter a comic book shop, in our FBI suits. A man behind the counter looks up as we walk over, taking out our badges. "Uh... can I help you?" The man asked. "Sure hope so. Agents DeYoung, Shaw, and Elric. Just need to ask you a few questions." Dean said.

"Notice anything strange in the building, last couple of days?" Sam asked the man. "Like what?" The man asked. "Well, some other tenants reported flickering lights." I said. "Uh, I don't think so. Why?" The man asked. "What about noises? Any skittering in the walls? Kind of like rats?" Sam asked. The man looked at us, skeptical. "And the FBI is investigating a rodent problem?" He asked.

"What about cold spots? Feel any sudden drops in temperature?" Sam asked next, ignoring the man's question. The man then grins at us. "I knew it! You guys are LARPing, aren't you?" The man exclaimed. "Excuse me?" Dean asked, looking confused. "You're fans!" The man said.

"Fans of what?" Sam asked. "What is 'LARPing'? Dean asked. "Like you don't know. Live-Action Role-Play! And pretty hardcore, too." The man explained. I glance to the boys to see they're just as confused as I am. "I'm sorry sir, but we have no idea what you're talking about." I said to him.

"You're asking questions like the building's haunted. Like those guys from the books. What are they called? Uh... 'Supernatural.' Two guys and a girl, use fake IDs with rock and nerd aliases, hunt down ghosts, demons, vampires. What are their names? Uh... I can never remember the girl's name but the guys were something... Steve and Dirk? Uh, Sal and Dane?"

"Sam, Dean, and (Name)?" Sam asked, and the man snap his fingers and pointed at Sam. "That's it!" He said. "You're saying this is a book?" Dean asked. "Books. It was a series. Didn't sell a lot of copies, though. Kind of had more of an underground cult following." The man replied.

He walked over to a table labeled Bargain Bin, the boys and I followed him over. "Let's see. Um... Ah. Yeah." The man said, before he took out a book and hands it to Dean. "That's the first one, I think." He said.

I frown at the cover, that had two the overly muscular men and a very overly sexually woman. It was very similar to a romance novel's illustrations. Top it all off with the woman having most of her chest showing and was clinging onto the arm of the shirtless man.

"Supernatural by Carver Edlund." Dean read aloud. He flips the book over, to read the back. "Along a lonely California highway, a mysterious woman in white lures men to their deaths."

"Give me that." Sam said, grabbing the book from Dean. He looks at the book then at the man. "We're gonna need all the copies of Supernatural you've got." He said.

We return to the motel to begin researching this book series of our life. Dean was reclining on the bed, flipping through a book and frowning. Sam was seated by the window with his laptop. I sat next to Sam, reading through a different book.

"This is freakin' insane. How's this guy know all this stuff?" Dean asked. "You got me." Sam replied. "Everything is in here. I mean everything. From the racist truck to... to me having sex. I'm full-frontal in here, dude." Dean said.

"It's even got me not wanting to have sex right away. UGH!" I groaned, throwing the book I was reading away. The book bounces across the tablet, making Sam jump slightly, before it fell onto the floor. "I feel so violated! It's like someone been watching us this whole time." I said, crossing my arms and looking around, feeling so uncomfortable right now. Sam sigh and patted my knee, to soothe me.

Dean gets up from the bed and walks over to us. "How come we haven't heard of them before?" He asked, taking a seat at the table. "They're pretty obscure. I mean, almost zero circulation. Uh, started in '05. The publisher put out a couple dozen before going bankrupt. And, uh, the last one... No Rest For The Wicked..." Sam said, turning the laptop towards Dean and I, showing us a website listing of the books. "Ends with you two going to hell." He said.