Skin

Dean pulls into a gas station, stopping the car next to one of the pumps. "Alright, I figure we'd hit Tucumcari by lunch, then head south, hit Bisbee by midnight." He said. We look over at Sam, who doesn't respond. "Sam?" I said, but he doesn't take his eyes off the PalmPilot in his hands.

"Sam wears women's underwear." Dean said. "I've been listening, I'm just busy." Sam said, still not looking up at us. "Busy doing what?" I asked. "Reading e-mails." He replied. Dean gets out of the car and starts to fill the tank with gas. "E-mails from who?" He asked.

"From my friends at Stanford." Sam said, looking up slightly annoyed. "You're kidding. You still keep in touch with your college buddies?" Dean asked. "Why not?" Sam asked. "Well, what exactly do you tell 'em? You know, about where you've been, what you've been doing?" Dean asked.

"I tell 'em I'm on a road trip with my big brother and an old friend. I tell 'em I needed some time off after Jess." Sam explained. "Oh, so you lie to 'em." Dean said, leaning on the car next to Sam as he wait for the tank to fill up. "No. I just don't tell 'em.... everything." Sam said. "Yeah, that's called lying. I mean, hey, man, I get it, telling the truth is far worse." Dean said.

"So, what am I supposed to do, just cut everybody out of my life?" Sam asked, Dean shrugs. "You're serious?" Sam asked him, then he turns in his seat to look at me. "Do you believe this?" He asked me. "Yeah, that's kinda mess up." I said to Dean.

"Look, it sucks, but in a job like this, you can't get close to people, period." Dean said. "You're kind of anti-social, you know that?" Sam said. "Yeah, whatever." Dean said and Sam goes back to reading his e-mails. "God...." He muttered to himself.

"What?" I asked, leaning froward in the back seat. "In this e-mail from this girl, Rebecca Warren, one of those friends of mine." He said. "Is she hot?" Dean asked, leaning over to look through the window, Sam ignores him.

"I went to school with her, and her brother, Zack. She says Zack's been charged with murder. He's been arrested for killing his girlfriend. Rebecca says he didn't do it, but it sounds like the cops have a pretty good case." Sam explained.

"Dude, what kind of people are you hanging out with?" Dean asked him. "No, man, I know Zack. He's no killer." Sam said. "Well, maybe you know Zack as well as he knows you." Dean said. "They're in St. Louis. We're going" Sam said, Dean chuckles.

"Look, sorry about your buddy, okay? But this does not sound like our kind of problem." He said. "It is our problem. They're my friends." Sam said, firmly. "St. Louis is four hundred miles behind us, Sam." Dean said.

"It might be worth checking into. Maybe it's like another demon thing. They are pretty sadistic." I said. "Exactly." Sam said, pointing at me. We all exchange a look and a minute later, we pull out of the gas station and start driving toward St. Louis.

We arrived at Rebecca's house and Sam knocks on the front door. A moment later the door is open by a woman with blonde hair. "Oh my God, Sam!" She said, happily. "Well, if it isn't little Becky." Sam said.

"You know what you can do with that little Becky crap." She said, smiling and they hug. "I got your e-mail." Sam told her. "I didn't think that you would come here." Rebecca said. Dean steps forward and extends his hand. "Dean. Older brother." She shakes his hand. "Hi." She said. "Hi." He said back, smirking.

I then extend my hand to shake. "(Name)." I said, Rebecca smiles as she takes my hand. "Oh. So you're (Name)." She said. "Hm?" I hummed looking at her confused. "Sam talked about you all the time." She said. My eyes widen in shock and I glance up at Sam, who smiles back at me. I smile and look away bashfully, trying to hide my blush.

"We're here to help. Whatever we can do." Sam said to his friend, getting us back on topic. "Come in." Rebecca said letting us inside the house. "Nice place." Dean said, shutting the door. "It's my parents's. I was just crashing here for the long weekend when everything happened. I decided to take the semester off. I'm gonna stay until Zack's free." Rebecca said.