Asylum

After what happen in Kansas, the boys and I have been trying everything to pick up some clue on where their dad is. And I mean everything. Reading the journal cover to cover, calling everyone that has even a fraction of a friendly relationship with John... which is a very small list.

Sam was calling up all of John's friends on his phone, Dean was flipping through the journal, and I was scrolling on Sam's laptop. "No, Dad was in California last we heard from him. We just thought... he comes to you for 'munitions.... maybe you've seen him in the last few weeks. Just, call us if you hear anything..... thanks." Sam said into his phone before hanging it up and sighing in disappointment. "Caleb hasn't heard from him?" Dean asked

"Nope. And neither has Jefferson or Pastor Jim. What about the journal? Anything leads in there?" Sam asked, looking over at Dean. "No, same as last time I looked. Nothing I can make out... I love the guy, but I swear, he writes like frigging Yoda." He replied.

"You know, maybe we should call the Feds. File a missing person's." I suggested, Dean look up from the journal, staring cross at me. "We've talked about this. Our Dad be pissed if we put the Feds on his tail." He said, I shrugged. "Well we're running out of options here." I said.

"(Name's) right Dean. I don't care anymore." Sam said. A cellphone then stares ringing and Dean got up from the table, walking across the room to his bed. "After all that happened back in Kansas, I mean... he should've been there, Dean. You said so yourself. You tried to call him and... nothing." Sam said.

"I know!" Dean snapped back as he rummages through his duffel bag. "Where the hell is my cellphone?" He asked. "You know, he could be dead for all we know." Sam said. "Don't say that! He's not dead! He's... he's..." Dean stammered, trailing off. "He's what? He's hiding? He's busy?" Sam asked.

Dean finds his phone and flicks it open. "Huh. I don't believe it." He muttered. "What?" Sam and I asked. "It's, uh.... It's a text message. It's coordinates." He replied. He took the laptop from me and begins typing on it. "You think Dad was texting us?" Sam asked. "He's given us coordinates before." Dean said.

"The man can barely work a toaster, Dean." Sam said. "Sam, it's good news! It means he's okay, or alive at least." Dean said. "Well, was there a number on the caller ID?" I asked. "Nah, it said 'unknown'." Dean replied. "Well, where do the coordinates point?" Sam asked. "That's the interesting part. Rockford, Illinois." Dean replied.

"Okay, and that's interesting how?" Sam asked. "I checked the local Rockford paper. Take a look at this." Dean said, turning the laptop for Sam and I to see a news article he had pulled up. Sam walk over and lean over me to look at the laptop.

I held my breath for a moment, feeling his chest pressed against my back and his chin hovering over my head, as he look down at the laptop. It felt like a hundred butterflies were swarming around in my stomach and my face heated up, like it was on fire.

"This cop, Walter Kelly, comes home from his shift, shoots his wife, then puts the gun in his mouth, blows his brains out. And earlier that night, Kelly and his partner responded to a call at the Roosevelt Asylum." Dean explained. "Okay, I'm not following. What has this have to do with us?" Sam asked.

"Dad earmarked the same asylum in the journal. Let's see..." Dean said, picking up the journal to skim through it. "Here. Seven unconfirmed sightings, two deaths... till last week at least. I think this is where he wants us to go." He said.

Sam scoffs and steps away from the table, running his hands through his hair. I frown, already missing him being so close. "This is a job... Dad wants us to work a job." He said, looking back at Dean and I. "Well, maybe we'll meet up with him? Maybe he's there?" Dean said, looking up from the journal hopeful.