On The Head Of A Pin

Sam was driving through the night, taking us back to the motel. Dean sat beside him in the passenger seat, while I sat in the back like always. "Ruby will meet us outside Cheyenne. She's been tracking some leads." Sam said.

Dean and I hummed, in acknowledgment. "I know she's not exactly on your guys' Christmas list, but if she can help us get to Lilith..." Sam said, glancing up at the rearview mirror to look at me.

"Hey, man, work with Ruby, don't. I don't really give a rat's ass." Dean grumbled. "What's your problem?" Sam asked. "Pamela didn't want anything to do with this and we dragged her back into it, Sam." Dean replied.

"She knew what was at stake." Sam said. "Oh yeah. Saving the world. And we're doing such a damn good job of it." Dean said, sarcastically. "Dean..." Sam said, exasperated.

"I'm tired of burying friends, Sam." Dean muttered, sadly. "Look, we catch a fresh trail..." Sam started to say. "And we follow it, I know. Like I said, I'm just... I'm just getting tired." Dean said.

"Well, get angry." Sam said, and Dean doesn't give a response. Sam sigh and glance up at the rearview mirror to look at me again. But I turned my head, choosing to remain quiet.

We made it back to the motel, walking into the our dark room. "Ah, home crappy home." Dean said, right before Sam flips on the lights. I came to a sudden stop as I saw Uriel and Castiel were inside the room, waiting. "Winchester, Winchester, and Singer." Uriel said, smugly.

"Oh come on." Dean growled. "You are needed." Uriel said. "Needed? We just got back from needed." Dean said, angrily. "Now, you mind your tone with me." Uriel said.

"No, you mind your damn tone with us." Dean growled, taking a step forward. Sam held up his hand, getting his brother to stop. "We just got back from Pamela's funeral." Sam said to the angels.

"Pamela. You know, psychic Pamela? You remember her. Cas, you remember her. You burned her eyes out. Remember that? Good times. Yeah, then she died saving one of your precious seals. So maybe you can stop pushing us around like chess pieces for FIVE FRIGGINGA MINUTES!" Dean shouted.

"We raised you out of hell for our purposes." Uriel reminded him. "Yeah, what were those again? What exactly did you want from me?" Dean asked. "Start with gratitude." Uriel replied. "Oh." Dean said, smiling irritated.

"Dean, we know this is difficult to understand." Castiel said, finally speaking up. "And we..." Uriel said, giving Castiel a significant look. "...don't care. Now, seven angels have been murdered, all of them from our garrison. The last one was killed tonight." He said looking at us.

"Demons? How they doing it?" I asked. "We don't know." Uriel replied. "I'm sorry, but what do you want us to do about it? I mean, a demon with the juice to ice angels has to be out of our league, right?" Sam asked.

"We can handle the demons, thank you very much." Uriel said, disregarding Sam's question quickly. "Once we find whoever it is." Castiel said. "So you need our help hunting a demon?" I asked.

"Not quite. We have Alastair." Castiel said, making my skin crawl at the mention of that name. "Great. He should be able to name your trigger man." Dean said.

"But he won't talk. Alastair's will is very strong. We've arrived at an impasse." Castiel said. "Yeah, well, he's like a black belt in torture. I mean, you guys are out of your league." I said, thinking back to something of the things that demon put me through.

"That's why we've come to his student and favorite toy. You both happen to be the most qualified interrogators we've got." Uriel said. Dean looks down while I cross my arms, hugging myself. "Dean, (Name), you both are our best hope." Castiel said.