Bloodlust

3rd Person P.O.V
Sam stood in front of the mirror in Bobby's bathroom, spending an absurd amount of time parting his hair until it was just right. A knock on the bathroom door made Sam jump and turn away from the mirror. "Sam get the led out, will ya?" Dean voice called from behind the door. Sam grimace and turn back to the mirror to check how he looks.

He smiles satisfied at his reflection, hoping (Name) will like how he looks. Sam's smiles slowly starts to drop when it finally hits him that he spent all this time on his hair just for (Name). He stare at his reflection, confused by his own emotions.

He didn't have time to dwell on this long however, cause another knock on the door pull him away from his thoughts again. "Sammy!" Dean yelled. "Alright!" Sam yelled back, turning away from the mirror and walking to the door.

(Name's) P.O.V
Dean was certainly in a good mood today. Grooving along to his music as he drives the newly repaired Impala down the road. "Whoo! Listen to her purr! Have you ever heard anything so sweet?" He asked. "You know, if you two wanna get a room, just let me and (Name) know, Dean." Sam teased, making me laugh.

"Oh, don't listen to him, baby. He doesn't understand us." Dean said to the car. "You're in a good mood." I said. "Why shouldn't I be?" He asked, glancing up to the review mirror. "No reason." I replied, shrugging. "Got my car, got a case, things are looking up." Dean said.

"Wow. Give you a couple of severed heads and a pile of dead cows and you're Mister Sunshine." Sam said, making Dean laugh. "How far to Red Lodge?" He asked. "Uh, about another three hundred miles." Sam replied. "Good." Dean said and he steps on the gas, speeding the car down the road.

In Red Lodge, the boys and I posed as reporters, asking a sheriff with an impressive mustache some questions about the case. "The murder investigation is ongoing, and that's all I can share with the press at this time." The sheriff said. "Sure, sure, we understand that, but just for the record, you found the first, uh, head last week, correct?" Sam asked him. "Mm-hmm." The sheriff hummed, nodding.

"Okay, and the other, a uh, Christina Flanigan." Sam said, looking down at his notebook in his hands. "That was two days ago. Is there..." The sheriff started to say, but was interrupted by a young woman knocking on the door, pointing at her watch. "Oh. Sorry you three, time's up, we're done here." The sheriff said.

"One last question..." Sam said, quickly. "Yeah, what about the cattle?" Dean asked for him. "Excuse me?" The sheriff asked, confused. "You know, the cows found dead, split open, drained... over a dozen cases." Dean explained.

"What about them?" The sheriff asked. "So you don't think there's a connection?" I asked. "Connection... with...?" The sheriff asked, still confused. "First cattle mutilations, now two murders? Kinda sounds like ritual stuff." Sam explained.

"You know, like satanic cult ritual stuff?" I asked and the sheriff starts laughing. "You..." He said as he points at me, but when he saw I was serious he stop laughing. "You're not kidding." He said, stunned. "No." I replied. "Those cows aren't being mutilated. You wanna know how I know?" The sheriff asked. "How?" Sam asked.

"Because there's no such thing as cattle mutilation. Cow drops, leave it in the sun, within forty eight hours the bloat'll split it open so clean it's just about surgical. The bodily fluids fall down into the ground and get soaked up because that's what gravity does. But, hey, it could be Satan. What newspaper did you say you work for?" The sheriff asked, and the three of us exchanged a look.

"World Weekly News..." Dean said first. "Weekly World News." Sam corrected him. "World..." I started to say, getting confused. "Weekly World..." Sam said for me. "Weekly... I'm new." Dean said. The sheriff glared at our nervous smiles. "Get out of my office." He growled.