Red Sky At Morning

(Name's) P.O.V
Dean was driving, Sam in the passenger's seat, and me in the backseat. You know, same old same old. Except there was a tense silence in the car, which Dean breaks. "So, we've been waiting since Maple Springs. You got something to tell us?"

"It's not your birthday." Sam said, turning his head and playing dumb. "No." Dean said. "It's not (Name's) birthday." Sam said, looking back at me. "Nope." I said.

"...Happy Purim?" Sam said, and laughs. "Guys, I don't know. I have no idea what you're talking about..." He said. "There's a bullet missing from the Colt." I said, interrupting him and Sam faces froward.

"You want to tell us how that happened?" Dean asked, and Sam shook his head. "I know it wasn't me or (Name). So unless you were shooting at some incredibly evil cans..." Dean said. "Guys..." Sam said, quietly.

"You went after her, didn't you? The Crossroads Demon. After we told you not to." I said, rising my voice in anger. "Yeah, well..." Sam muttered. "You could have gotten yourself killed!" I yelled. "I didn't." Sam said.

"And you shot her." Dean said. "She was a smartass!" Sam exclaimed. "So, what? Does that, does that mean we're out of our deal?" I asked. "Don't you think I might have mentioned that little fact, (Name)? No. Someone else holds the contract." Sam said, annoyed.

"Who?" I asked. "She wouldn't say." Sam replied. "Well, we should find out who. Of course, our best lead would be the Crossroads Demon. Oh, wait a minute..." Dean said. "That's not funny." Sam grumbled. "No, it's not! It was a stupid freaking risk, and you shouldn't have done it." Dean yelled.

"I shouldn't have done it? You're my brother, Dean. (Name), you're my girlfriend. And no matter what either of you do, I'm gonna try and save both of you. And I'm sure as HELL not gonna apologize for it, all right?" Sam said, firmly. Dean and I stayed silent, Sam shakes his head, irritated.

The boys and I were impersonating detectives to interview a witness, Gertrude Case, an elegant and well-groomed and approximately 70 year old woman. She was holding a framed photograph of the shower-drowning victim.

"But I don't understand. I already went over all this with the other detectives." Gert said. "Right, yes. But, see, we're with the Sheriff's Department, not the police department... different departments." Dean said.

"So, Mrs. Case..." Sam started to say. "Please." Gert said, looking at him intently. "Ms. Case." She corrected, smiling and eyeing him up and down. I narrow my eyes at her confused. She is aware that she's like... five decades older than him, right?

"Okay. Um, Ms. Case, um... you were the one who found your niece, correct?" Sam asked her. "I came home, she was in the shower." Gert replied. "Drowned?" I asked. "So the coroner says. Now, you tell me, how can someone drown in the shower?" She asked.

"How would you describe Sheila's behavior in the days before her death? I mean, did she seem frightened? Maybe she said something out of the ordinary, or...?" Sam asked. "Wait a minute. You're working with Alex, aren't you?" Gert suddenly asked, the three of us glance to each other.

"Yep. Absolutely. That's Alex and us, we're like this." Dean said, crossing his fingers and laughing. "Why didn't you say so? Alex has been such a comfort. But I'm sorry. I thought the case was solved." Gert said, confused.

"Uh... Well, no. No, not yet." Sam stammered. "I see." She said, shamelessly giving him a flirty look. "So, anyways, we were talking about your niece." Sam said, uncomfortable. "Well, yes. Sheila mentioned something quite strange before she died. She said she saw a boat." Gert said, and we looked at her confused.

"A boat?" I asked. "Yes. One minute it was there, then it was gone. It just disappeared right before her eyes. You think it could be a... ghost ship? Alex thinks it could be a ghost ship." Gert said, addressing all her comments to Sam, staring at him intently.