We Got Work To Do

(Name's) P.O.V
After giving myself a bump on the head this morning, I walked through a convenient store grabbing food for the road. Also snagging todays paper, reading an article about a man who went missing in Jericho, California. I guess it worth checking out.

I got in my car and drove to Jericho, soon coming across the bridge with two police cars and several officers. But that wasn't what caught my eye. Parked on the side of the road was a 1967 Chevrolet Impala. "No way." I muttered to myself, pulling over to park behind the familiar car.

I got out of my car and walk over to the Impala. No doubt about it. It was the Winchester's Impala alright. I smile at the car, thinking back to some of my memories with the two boys. I haven't seen them for like seven years now.

Kind of little nervous about seeing them again. Dean was always like a... jerky older brother to me. But my concerns weren't about him. Most of my worries revolved around Sam. He was my first and so far only crush I ever had.

A lot can happen in seven years. How much has he changed? Would he even recognize me? Most important... have I grew out of this silly crush or not? These worry thoughts swam around in my brain.

"You can look but you can't touch." A flirtatious voice said behind me. I yelp and spun around, coming face to face with the boys themselves, Sam and Dean Winchester.

Dean still look pretty much the same. Green eyes, light freckles, muscular, and dark blonde hair that was shortly-cropped ivy-league. He was even still wearing that amulet Sam had given him for Christmas when we were kids.

But Sam... he's changed quite a lot. He grew out his shaggy brown hair a bit. But the most notable changes were that he had gotten very tall, even taller than Dean now. He used to be so scrawny when we were kids, but now he has a muscular build with broad shoulders and a muscular chest. And oh boy, those eyes of his are even dreamier than I remember. Oh no... maybe I'm not over him after all.

Sam narrow his eyes at me as he begins to smile. "(Name)?" He said, recognizing me after all. Dean look at him then back at me, looking shock. "You... remember me?" I asked, a little surprise. "Of course." Sam replied, stepping closer and wrapped his arms around me for a hug. I felt my chest tighten up as my heart started to pounding in my chest like a jackhammer. I smile and return the hug, enjoying these butterfly feels returning.

"Did Bobby send you to work on this case?" Dean asked me, as Sam pulled away from the hug. "Uh no, I found out about it on my own. Actually I've been running solo these past couple days. You know... trying to spread my wings. What about you boys? What bring you to these neck of the woods?" I asked, trying not to take too many glances at Sam.

"Our Dad. He went on a hunting trip here and he hasn't been back in a few days." Sam said. "That's normal for him, isn't it?" I asked. "Not like this. Dad left me a voicemail saying something big is about to happen and we're all in danger." Dean said.

"Well that's always comforting to hear." I said, sarcastically. "Yeah well it gets better. It a had a secret message in it. A woman saying, 'I can never go home'." Sam told me. "Never go home? What's that supposed to mean?" I asked. "That's what we want to know." Dean replied.

"You know..." I said, rubbing the back of my neck. "Since we're all here, why don't we handle this case together? Three heads are always better than one... or two in this case." I said, with a little smile.

"That sounds..." Sam started to say, but Dean interrupts him by grabbing him by his shoulder. "Can I talk to you?" Dean asked, before walking off. Sam gave me half smiled and walk over to speak Dean. I bit the bottom of my lip nervously, digging my hands into my pocket.