Home

I was reading through a newspaper looking for a case. While Dean was on the computer and Sam was drawing, being oddly quiet this morning. "All right. I've been cruising some websites. I think I found a few candidates for our next gig. A fishing trawler found off the coast of Cali... it's crew vanished. And, uh, we got some cattle mutilations in West Texas." Dean said, looking up to see only I was listening.

I look over at Sam to see he was too engrossed in his drawings acknowledge his brother. "Hey." Dean said, getting Sam to look up from his drawing. "Am I boring you with this hunting evil stuff?" He asked. "No. I'm listening. Keep going." Sam replied, going right back to his drawing.

"And, here, a Sacramento man shot himself in the head. Three times." Dean said, Sam ignores him again. Dean waves his hand, trying to get his attention. "Any of these things blowing up your skirt, pal?" He asked. Sam looks at his drawing, not even answering Dean. "Wait. I've seen this." He muttered. "Seen what?" I asked, looking at him concern by this odd behavior.

Sam gets up from the bed and goes searching through his duffel bag. "What are you doing?" Dean asked, Sam doesn't answered and finds a photo and compares it with his drawing. "Guys, I know where we have to go next." He said, turning to look at Dean and I. "I'll bite. Where?" I asked, dropping my newspaper.

"Back home... back to Kansas." He replied, Dean looks taken aback by this. "Okay, random. Where'd that come from?" He asked. Sam shows us the photo of their family from when he was a baby. "All right, um, this photo was taken in front of our old house, right? The house where Mom died?" He asked Dean.

"Yeah." Dean replied. "And it didn't burn down, right? I mean, not completely, they rebuilt it, right?" Sam asked. "I guess so, yeah. What the hell are you talking about?" Dean asked, confused. "Okay, look, this is gonna sound crazy but.... the people who live in our old house... I think they might be in danger." Sam said.

"Why would you think that?" I asked. "Uh... it's just, um.... look, just trust me on this, okay?" Sam said as he begins to walk away and Dean gets up to follow him. "Wait, whoa, whoa, trust you?" He asked. "Yeah." Sam replied. "Come on, man, that's weak. You gotta give us a little bit more than that." Dean said.

"I can't really explain it is all." Sam said. "Well, tough. I'm not going anywhere until you do." Dean said, but Sam refuses to answer. "Sam. You know I would follow you to hell and back if you asked me to... but Dean right. We need to know what's going on." I said, coming over to join them.

Sam looks between us and sighs, Dean and I wait expectantly. "I have these nightmares." He admitted. "I've noticed." Dean said, nodding. "And sometimes.... they come true." Sam added, Dean and I looked at him stunned. "Come again?" Dean and I asked in unison.

"Look, guys.... I dreamt about Jessica's death.... for days before it happened." Sam said. "Sam, people have weird dreams, man. I'm sure it's just a coincidence." Dean said, sitting down on the bed. "Yeah I mean... dreams are just dreams, right?" I said, shrugging.

"No, I dreamt about the blood dripping, her on the ceiling, the fire, everything, and I didn't do anything about it 'cause I didn't believe it. And now I'm dreaming about that tree, about our house, and about some woman inside screaming for help. And about..." Sam stops himself, locking eyes with me for a moment.

"Look. I mean, that's where it all started, guys, this has to mean something, right?" Sam asked, not finishing what he was gonna say. "I don't know." Dean said, overwhelmed by all this.

Sam sits down across from Dean. "What do you mean you don't know, Dean? This woman might be in danger. I mean, this might even be the thing that killed Mom and Jessica!" He said.

"All right, just slow down, would ya?" Dean asked, standing up and begins pacing. "I mean, first you tell us that you've got the Shining? And then you tell me that I've gotta go back home? Especially when...." Dean said, stopping himself.