Family Remains

It was one of those nights where the boys and I were in the middle of nowhere, with no motel to sleep at. So that meant, sleeping in the Impala. Before I started dating Sam, I would have the backseat all to myself. Which I always felt bad about, cause that meant Sam and Dean were cramped sharing the front seat.

But since getting together whenever we have to sleep in the car, Sam and I share the backseat. It's not as comfortable as a bed but we've figured out a few positions to make it work. The main one being, me sleeping right on top of Sam. You would think that would get uncomfortable after a while but not really. Plus Sam's seem always enjoy it, so sleeping in the car was not as bad as it would seem.

Both Sam and I were currently in that position now, trying to get some sleep. But Dean was still awake, studying some papers in the front seat. "What are you doing?" Sam asked him, tiredly. "What's it look like I'm doing?" Dean asked. "Like you're looking for a job." I grumbled. "Yahtzee." Dean said.

Sam sighs and gives me a look. I groan and sat up, moving back and allowing Sam to sit up. "We just finished a job like two hours ago." He reminded his brother. "Adrenaline's still pumping, I guess. So, what do you think... Cedar Rapids, Tulsa, or Chi-Town?" Dean asked.

"I am all for working. I really am. But you got us chasing cases nonstop for like a month now. We need sleep." I said, rubbing my eye tiredly. "Yeah, we can sleep when we're dead." Dean said. "You're exhausted, Dean." I said. "I'm good." Dean said.

"No, you're not. You're running on fumes, and you can't run forever." Sam said. "And what am I running from?" Dean asked, glancing at the review mirror. "From what you told me. Or are we pretending that never happened?" Sam asked, and Dean return his eyes to his paper.

"Stratton, Nebraska. Farm town. A man gets hacked to death in a locked room inside a locked house. No signs of forced entry." Dean said, avoiding the question. Sam look to me and I shrugged. "Sounds like a ghost." I said to Dean. "Yes, it does." Dean said.

Sam sighs and flops back down. I yawn and crawled back over, laying on top of Sam, who wrap his arms around me like I was a giant teddy bear. I closed my eyes and Sam kissed the top of my head. I smile a little and snuggling into his neck, eventually drifting off to sleep.

We drove up along a country road and towards the house. I crouched down in front of door, looking at the lock. "Aperiatur." I whispered into it, the door unlocks and swings open on it's own. I smile and stood up, looking at the boys and spreading my hands towards the opened door like, 'ta-da!'

Sam snickers and smiles at me, while Dean nodded in approval. "Five points to... whichever." He said, making Sam and I laugh. Dean went in first and as Sam walk over to enter the house, he stop next to me and kiss my cheek. "Good job, baby." He said, making me smile and blush.

We enter the empty house and walk around. As we search I had this uncomfortable feeling, like we were being watch or something. "Boy, three bedrooms, two baths, and one homicide. This place is gonna sell like hotcakes." Dean said, sarcastically.

We enter the kitchen, opening cabinets. "Hey, check this out." Dean said, looking at an empty piece of wall. Sam and I walk over as Dean knocks on the wall, which is hollow. "Huh." He muttered.

"It's probably a dumbwaiter. All these old houses had them." Sam said, walking off. "Know-it-all." Dean muttered. "What?" Sam asked, stopping and looking back at his brother. "What?" Dean asked, clueless. "You said..." Sam started to say. "What?" Dean asked again. "Never mind." Sam grumbled.

We enter a bedroom, with Sam waving the EMF meter around. "Well, no bloodstains, fresh coat of paint, it's a bunch of bubkes." Dean said. "Needle's all over the place." Sam said.