The Curious Case Of Dean Winchester

The boys and I were at a hospital, in our suits and holding up CDC badges. "You expect me to believe you're CDC?" The doctor asked us. Dean and I look at each other then to Sam. "Excuse me?" Sam asked.

"It's just that you're a day early. First time in history I haven't sat on my ass waiting for you people." The doctor said. "New administration. A change you can believe in." Dean said. "Right." She said, leading the way to the morgue.

The doctor pulls the corpse of eighty-year-old man. "Meet Xavier. Date of birth, April third, nineteen eighty-four." She said, exchanging glances with us. "I know. I ran the DNA twice. That's definitely him." She said.

"Well, he wasn't big on the sunscreen, huh?" Dean asked. "So, what's your theory?" I asked the doctor. "All I know is, decedent's male, twenty-five years old and he died of old age." She said, then walks away. The boys and I glance at each other.

We exit the morgue and walk down a corridor while I talk to Bobby on the phone. "You were right about this one. It's definitely a job." I said. "Thought so. Any other stiffs in town?" Bobby asked. "Just the one body." I replied.

"Anything else?" He asked. "Couple missing persons, but usual for a town this size." I said. "Well, check 'em out." Bobby said. "You think they're connected?" I asked. "Call it a hunch." He replied.

"You got it. And, by the way, how you doing?" I asked. "Doing?" He asked. "Yeah. You know, just... in general?" I asked. "Oh, you mean my legs. Well, I'm just weepin' in my Haagen-Dazs. Idjit." Bobby said, then he hangs up on me.

I sigh, lowering my phone from my ear. "So how's Bobby?" Dean asked, and I shrugged. "Okay... I think." I said. "You think?" Sam asked. "He's either just being his usual snarky old self, or he's really not doing okay." I explained, and the boys give a sympathetic look.

"Might be both." Sam muttered. "Probably. My dad has never been a big fan of sharing feelings, especially his own." I said, and Sam gave me a look. "Well, we'll check on him when we finished this case." Dean said, clasping my shoulder as turn to corner.

The boys and I started looking into one of the missing people, Cliff Whitlow. We stop by his house where we started questioning his wife. Dean was sitting on an ottoman, looking at a framed photo of an old man. Sam sits in an armchair and I sitting on the sofa with Mrs. Whitlow.

"That's the most recent." She said to Dean, who hands the photo to Sam. "How long has he been missing?" Sam asked, handing the photo to me. The photo is of Cliff as a golf tournament champion, Miami Palms June 2009, holding a golf club and trophy. A USMC tattoo is visible on his right arm.

"Oh, I knew right away when he didn't come home Tuesday night." Mrs. Whitlow said. "Is there someplace he likes to go after work, maybe? A favorite bar?" I asked, setting the photo back on the coffee table.

Mrs. Whitlow laughs. "No. Tuesdays, he always works a bit late, but he always comes straight home." She said, smiling sweetly. "May I use your facilities, ma'am?" Dean asked

While Dean was 'using the facilities' he found a receipt for Madame Liu's Golden Palace. So that was our next stop. We were walking along the corridor, towards Cliff's favorite room. "Well, at least he's consistent. Same room every Tuesday, hourly rates." Sam said.

"Hope I got that kind of kick when I'm his age." Dean said. "Yeah, like either of us will live that long." Sam said. "True." Dean replied.

"So... what do you think's in there?" Sam asked, staring ahead at the door. "A wrinkly, gooey corpse." Dean replied. "Whatever it is I'm not looking forward to seeing it." I grumbled, making the boys chuckle.