The Kids Are Alright

Dean and I walk up to the diner, where Sam was sitting inside in front of the window, using his phone and laptop. I tap on the window getting his attention. He seems a bit frantic as he looked at us. I smiled at him and made a heart with my hands. Sam smiles at me, but still looked a bit panic.

Dean waves the newspaper he's holding and we made our way to the entrance. We enter the diner and walked over to Sam's table. "Oh, ah, yeah, no, ah, I... I gotta go. Uh. Okay. Never mind." Sam said, closing his laptop and hanging up quickly.

Dean and I looked at him, suspiciously. "Hey. Who was that?" I asked. "Ah, I was just ordering pizza." Sam replied quickly, and Dean looks around. "Dude, you do realize that you're in a restaurant?" He asked.

"Yeah. Yeah. Oh, yeah. I... just felt like pizza, you know?" Sam replied smiling, tight-lipped and reeking of insincerity. "O-kay, Weirdy Mcweirderton." Dean said, taking a seat.

Sam removed the bag for his laptop from the chair next to him, setting it across from him and allowing me to sit there. Sam smiles at me as I sat down and he moved his hand so it was over mine, giving it a gentle squeeze before he starts to massage it with his thumb. I smile back at him and lean up to kiss him on the cheek.

Dean clears his throat getting our attention. "So, I think I got something." He said. "Yeah?" Sam asked, as he starts playing with my feet under the table. "Cicero, Indiana. Falls on his own power saw." Dean replied. "And? What, that's it? One power saw?" I asked, playing along with Sam's feet.

"Well... yeah." Dean said, shrugging. "And you think that this is a case?" Sam asked. "Well, I don't know. Could be." Dean said. "I don't know, Dean. I... I..." Sam said. "All right, there's something better... better in Cicero than just a case." Dean said.

"And that is?" I asked. "Lisa Braeden." Dean said, making both Sam and I sigh. "Should we even ask?" Sam asked. "Remember that road trip I took, uh... gosh, about eight years ago now? You were in Orlando with Dad wrapping up that banshee thing." Dean said.

"Yeah. Yeah, the five states, five-day..." Sam replied and Dean laughs. "Yeah. Well, kind of. Although I spent most of my time in Lisa Braeden's loft." He said. "So let me get this straight. You want... you want to drive all the way to Cicero just to hook up with some random chick?" Sam asked, letting go of my hand only to throwing his arm on the back of my chair.

"She was a yoga teacher. It was the bendiest weekend of my life. Come on. Have a heart, huh? It's my dying wish." Dean said. "Yeah, well, how many dying wishes are you gonna get?" Sam asked. "As many as I can squeeze out." Dean replied.

"You can't keep using a dying wish as an excuse for us to do whatever you want." I said to Dean. "Why not? You and Sam have your milkshakes, ferris wheels, and movie night pillow forts. Let me have a little fun while you guys are being so lovey-dovey with each other." Dean said and Sam scoffs.

"Come on. Smile, guys! God knows I'm gonna be smiling after 24 hours with Gumby girl." Dean said and chuckles to himself. I shook my head while Sam laugh too, a little. "Gumby girl." Dean muttered, before he frowned. "Does that make me Pokey?" He asked.

We arrived at Cicero, Indiana, where Dean stops the Impala in front of the Pines motel. "Don't wait up for me, guys." Dean said to us, as we got out of the car. Dean starts to drive off as Sam and I were still pulling our bags out of the car. "Wait, Dean." I said, but he on kept teasing us.

"Dean, you... Dean!" Sam yelled, annoyed. We manage to get our bags out and Dean drive off, leaving us standing there like he just dropped us off before a hot date.

After renting a room, Sam and I started making our way there, when he stop in front of a vending machine. "Hey, you want a soda?" He asked. "Sure." I replied.