Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid

The boys and I were in Sioux Falls, looking into a case that was in Bobby's neck of the woods. We try calling him to see if he knows anything but he wasn't picking up any of our calls.

"Dad, listen, when you get this message, call! Okay?" I said into my phone as Dean turns the engine off. "Is he still not home? How far could he get in that chair?" Dean asked, taking the keys out.

"So, what do we do?" Sam asked. "Well... guess we just do it ourselves." Dean said, looking at the diner. "You sure you need to stay back, (Name)?" Sam asked, turning in his seat to look at me.

"Yeah, it's for the best. Don't want to risk Mr. Wells recognizing me." I replied. "Really feeling short staff right now." Dean grumbled, opening his door.

I lean forward, placing my hands on the front seat as I kissed Sam on the cheek, who chuckles when he felt my lips on his skin. "Have fun, boys." I said, watching them climb out of the Impala and walk into the dinner.

I fell back in my seat and reach into my satchel, pulling out my DS. "Now for more important things." I said, flipping it open to continue where I left off in Animal Crossing.

3rd Person P.O.V
The boys sat down in the booth opposite of a man. "Mr. Wells, why don't you tell us what you saw in your own words." Dean said. "Call me Digger." The man said. "Digger? Who gave you that name?" Dean asked. "I did." He replied.

"You gave yourself your own nickname? You can't do that." Dean said. "Who died and made you queen?" Digger asked, and Dean gives him a look. "Okay. Uh, why don't you just tell us what you saw?" Sam asked Digger, getting them back on topic.

"I saw Clay Thompson climb into Benny Sutton's trailer through the window. Couple minutes later, Clay walked out, and Benny's dead." Digger explained. "And, uh..." Dean said, taking out and unfolding a piece of paper to hold up. "...Is this the guy you saw?" He asked.

"Well, he was all covered with mud, but, yeah. That's Clay." Digger replied. "And you are aware that Clay Thompson died five years ago?" Sam asked. "Yep." Digger replied.

"And you're positive that it was this guy." Dean said, holding up the picture again. "You calling me a liar?" Digger asked. "No, no, no. Of course not. Look. Can you think of any reason why Clay Thompson, alive or dead, would want to kill Benny Sutton?" Sam asked.

"Hell, yeah. Well, five years ago, Benny's the one that killed Clay in the first place." Digger said. "Is that a fact?" Dean asked. "Well, yeah, so-called 'hunting accident.' Now, if you ask me... Clay came back from the grave to get a little payback." Digger explained. "Go on." Dean said.

At that moment, Sheriff Jody Mills enters the diner, talking on a cell phone. "Owen, put down the cupcake and pick up an apple... Okay? Okay. I love you." She said, smiling and collects her order from someone behind the counter.

Jody hangs up and notices the boys and Digger talking, becoming suspicious she started walking over to their table. Digger notices her coming and looks off to the side. "Heads up. 'Fargo.'" He said.

The boys gave him a questionable look, until Jody arrived at the table. "Digger." Jody greeted him. "Sheriff." Digger said, not looking up at her and continues facing the boys.

Jody turns to Sam and Dean with a smile. "Gentlemen. I'm Sheriff Jody Mills. I don't believe we've had the pleasure." She said. "Agents Dorfman and Neidermeyer. FBI." Dean said, as he and Sam took out their badges to show her.

"Welcome to Sioux Falls, gentlemen. Can I ask you what you're doing with Digger here?" Jody asked. "They're doing their job. They believe me, Sheriff." Digger said. "The FBI believes a dead man committed a murder?" Jody asked. "Look, we're just asking a few questions, Sheriff. That's all." Sam said.