Epilogue Part 5: Laters, Gators

Speed Running Pregnancy Cause Idk What To Write
Sam and I moved, we bought a house in a cozy little neighborhood. It's a simple four bedroom and two bath house. Two bedrooms downstairs and two upstairs.

The second bedroom downstairs was right next to our room, so that's gonna be the nursery. We're thinking once we're done having kids and they're both old enough, we're gonna turn the nursery into a playroom for them.

Right now, Sam and I were at the doctors having an ultrasound. I was lying down as the doctor was rubbing some kind of cream on my stomach, making me giggle and squirm.

"Ticklish huh?" The doctor asked, smiling at me. "You have no idea." Sam said, grinning. "Alright, ready to see your baby?" The doctor asked, picking up some kind of tool. "Yeah!" Sam said, excitedly. "Totally!" I said, just as excited.

"Okay, it'll be on the monitor there." The doctor said, pointing at the screen. He starts running the tool he was holding around my stomach. Sam and I look at the computer screen in anticipation.

I gasp softly when I saw the outline of the tiniest little baby on screen. I felt Sam take my hand and squeeze it as we continued looking at the screen. "There it is." The doctor said, smiling.

"They're so little." I said, smiling at the screen. "Just like their momma." Sam teased and kissing my head. "Do you want to know the gender of your baby?" The doctor asked.

Sam and I shared a look, we both nodded and look back at the doctor. "Yeah, we do." Sam said. "Alright, just a second." The doctor said, clicking on the mouse to expand the screen. "Looks like it might be..." The doctor said, squinting his eyes at the screen.

"A boy!" He announced. "Really?" I asked, smiling at the screen. "Yup! Congratulations Sam and (Name), you're having a baby boy." The doctor said. Sam and I look at each other, smiling ear to ear. We look back at the screen to watch our son.

Returning home, I was standing over the crib in the nursery watching the solar systems mobile spin slowly. There was little alien spaceship at the top that the planets were attached to. At night you could turn it on and it cast a starry nightlight on the ceiling. Makes me kind of jealous of a son because I totally want this in our room!

"Hey honey?" I heard Sam say behind me as he enter the room. "Hm?" I hummed, keeping my eyes on the mobile. "Lunch is ready." He said, walking over. "Okay." I muttered, not turning around.

"Whatcha doin?" Sam asked, slipping his arm around my waist. "Just daydreaming." I replied, and Sam chuckles. "You know, we still need to decide on a name." He said.

"I know." I said, then I turn my head to look up at him. "How about you name him." I said. "You sure?" Sam asked. "Yeah, I already picked the girl name, seems only fair you pick the boy name." I said.

"Hmm... okay." Sam said, turning his head to look at the crib. "How about... Adrian?" He asked. "Adrian?" I asked. "Yeah... I like how it sounds." Sam said, with a bit of a sheepish smile.

"Adrian, Adrian, Adrian." I muttered to myself and smile. "I love it!" I said and Sam chuckles. "Good." He said and leans down to kiss me.

The was like the honeymoon period of the pregnancy. As months went by, I started having my strange cravings. Like pickles dipped in ice cream, pickles stuffed with grape jelly, pickles covered in Pizza sauce... just a lot of pickles. Sam would buy up to five jars every grocery trip.

And then there was the mood swings. I'd be happy and bubbly one minute than a monster even demons would be scared of the next. It was like I'd become the personification of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde.