Provenance

Sam and I were sitting at a table in a bar, strewn with papers. Dean was leaning on the bar talking to a woman, as usual. Sam picks up a newspaper and gestures to Dean, who gives him a 'wait' gesture as he laughs at something the woman whispers. Sam gestures again and Dean's smile drops. He turns to the woman saying something to her.

He then walks over to us, holding three beers. "All right, I think we got something." Sam said to Dean, who glances back at the bar. "Oh yeah, me too. I think we need to take a little shore leave, just a little bit. What do you think, huh? I'm so in the door with this one." He said.

"So what are we today Dean? I mean, are we rock stars, are we army rangers?" Sam asked, Dean grins. "Reality TV scouts, looking for people with special skills. I mean hey, it's not that far off right?" He asked, Sam shakes his head.

"By the way, (Name)...." Dean said, pointing at me then back at the bar with his thumb. "Bartender been checking you out all night. Even someone like you can get a hook up. What do you think?" He asked. I glance over at the bar, where a handsome bartender man was cleaning the glasses.

He notice me watching and smiles at me, I look away, back at Dean. "Yeah, no thanks Dean. I can get my own dates." I said. "Yeah you can but you don't." He said, glancing at his brother for a second. "What is that supposed to mean?" I asked.

"Nothing. What you guys got?" Dean asked, looking at the scattered paper on the table. "Mark and Ann Telesca of New Paltz, New York were both found dead in their own home, a few days ago. Throats were slit. There were no prints, no murder weapons, all..." I explained but Dean was distracted, continuing to check out women in the bar.

"Dean!" Sam said, getting Dean to takes his attention off the women and back onto us. "No prints, no murder weapons, all doors and window locked from the inside." Sam said, as Dean drinks his beer. "Could just be a garden variety murder you know, not our department." Dean said

"No. Dad says different." Sam said. "What do you mean?" Dean asked. Sam turns the journal around pointing at it and a map. "Dad noted three murders in the same area of upstate New York. First one here in 1912, second one right here in 1945, and the third in 1970, the same M.O. as the Telescas. Their throats were slit, doors were locked from the inside. Now so much time had passed between murders that nobody checked the pattern, except Dad. He kept his eyes peeled for another one." He explained.

"And now we got one. All right, I'm with ya. It's worth checking out. We can't pick this up till first thing though right?" Dean asked. "Yeah." I replied. "Good." Dean said, heading back to the bar. "Dean..." Sam called out but Dean was already back at the bar chatting up the woman and her friend.

Sam sniggers and shakes his head, returning to our papers. I smile lightly, before making eye contact with the bartender again. He smiles at me again but I drop my gaze back onto the papers. "(Name)." Sam said, I quickly lifted my head to look at him. "Yeah?" I asked.

3rd Person P.O.V
As Dean talks to the women he glances back at the table. (Name) was looking at his brother with an affectionate smile, listening to Sam like everything he said was important. Whiles Sam was somehow completely oblivious of this switch in mood whenever she's with him.

It's pretty obvious that Sam doesn't feel the same way for (Name). Either he genuinely doesn't feel the same way or he won't allow himself too. He only wants to see (Name) as a friend and nothing more.

But (Name) can't just turn off her own feelings for him like a light switch. It probably be easier if she would try to move on and be with other men. But the poor girl stays in her own little bubble, never even attempting to talk to anyone unless it's for a case.

Sometimes people like (Name)... just need a little push to help get them started.

(Name's) P.O.V
The next morning, Dean was slouched in the passenger seat of the Impala asleep, sunglasses on. Sam walks around the car, leans in and honks the horn. Dean jumps up awake, completely startled. Sam and I laugh as we enter the car, Sam in the driver seat and me in the back.