Scarecrow

(Name's) P.O.V
"Alright, so, the names Dad gave us, they're all couples?" Sam asked, as he drives the Impala, with Dean in the passenger seat this time. I sat in the back like always, rubbing my eye tiredly.

After six months of looking for John Winchester, he randomly calls Dean's cell in the middle of the night. Saying he's looking for the thing that killed Mrs. Winchester and Jessica and that we need to stop looking for him. To top it all off he made Dean write down a couple of names for a job he wants us to do.

"Three different couples. All went missing." Dean said, looking at a map with a flashlight tuck under his chin. "And they're all from different towns? Different states?" I asked, leaning forward to lay my arms on the top of the front seat and rest my head on them.

"That's right. You got Washington, New York, Colorado. Each couple took a road trip cross-country. None of them arrived at their destination, and none of them were ever heard from again." Dean said. "Well, it's a big country, Dean. They could've disappeared anywhere." Sam said.

"Yeah, could've. But each one's route took 'em to the same part of Indiana. Always on the second week of April. One year after another after another." Dean said. "This is the second week of April." I said, questionably. "Yep." Dean replied.

"So, Dad is sending us to Indiana to go hunting for something before another couple vanishes?" Sam asked. "Yahtzee." Dean said, pointing at his brother. "Can you imagine putting together a pattern like this? All the different obits Dad had to go through? The man's a master." He added.

Sam looks annoyed and pulls over to the side of the road, turning off the car. "What are you doing?" Dean asked, confused. "We're not going to Indiana." Sam said. "We're not?" I asked. "No. We're going to California. Dad called from a payphone. Sacramento area code." Sam replied.

"Sam." Dean said, exasperated. "Dean, if this demon killed Mom and Jess, and Dad's closing in, we've gotta be there. We've gotta help." Sam said. "Dad doesn't want our help." Dean said. "I don't care." Sam exclaimed. "He's given us an order." Dean said. I look between them, worried. This seems worse than their normal arguments.

"I don't care. We don't always have to do what he says." Sam said, firmly. "Sam, Dad is asking us to work jobs, to save lives, it's important." Dean said. "Alright, I understand, believe me, I understand. But I'm talking one week here, man, to get answers. To get revenge." Sam said.

"Alright, look, I know how you feel." Dean said. "Do you?" Sam asked, Dean seems shocked by the question. "How old were you when Mom died? Four? Jess died six months ago. How the hell would you know how I feel?" Sam asked.

"Dad said it wasn't safe. For any of us. I mean, he obviously knows something that we don't, so if he says to stay away, we stay away." Dean said, calmly. "I don't understand the blind faith you have in the man. I mean, it's like you don't even question him." Sam said, getting more and more frustrated.

"Yeah, it's called being a good son!" Dean snapped at him. "Dean!" I yelled, unable to stay out of this anymore. Sam angry, gets out of the car. "Sam." I called out, watching him walk behind the car. I got out of the car and walk over to him, watching him grab his bags from the trunk. "Sam please. Let's just wait a minute here." I pleaded.

Dean gets out of the car and walks over to us. "You're a selfish bastard, you know that? You just do whatever you want. Don't care what anybody thinks." He said to Sam. "That's what you really think?" Sam asked. "Yes, it is." Dean replied.

"Well, then this selfish bastard is going to California." Sam said, putting on his backpack and turning to me. "You coming?" He asked. I bit my lip, looking between him and Dean, conflicted.