Chapter 1

The United States, in a California high school.

A boy sits on a school bench while yawning in boredom.

In front of the class, the teacher explains the basic knowledge of physics to his students.

Yves looked helplessly at the teacher; this whole lesson was boring nonsense.

This class is quite messy; there are a lot of tools on every student's desk; these tools will be used by students to assemble some of the stuff they usually imagine.

Meanwhile, the teacher will only drink coffee while reading a newspaper at the front desk.

This American education is fully reflected in this class. If you're a genius, then this class is the stage where you can grow up. If not, then you can enjoy this 'fun' time...

The physics teacher has completed his teaching, now replaced by an experimental class that frees up every student to assemble something at their convenience. Eventually, boring lessons were replaced by relaxing classes.

Yves tilted his head for a moment; it's been about a month since he got Isekai'ed into this world; in one month, he finally knew where the world he was in.

When it comes to Isekai, I'm afraid everyone will say that this is mere nonsense. But, hey, the proof is that this happened to him...

This year is 1938, the year before the 2nd World War began. In this world, there is Stark Industries that Yves knows very well. Still, on the other hand, there is also Gotham City and Metropolis, which is undoubtedly very confusing and shocking.

Two things from different universes now merge into one world? It's not clear if this world is Marvel or DC.

"Hey, Yves, don't keep daydreaming; our teacher is asking us to test the principle of power generation."

"Hey, don't try to ignore me. Are you sleepy? Don't tell me you've been playing games all night?"

As in every novel and fiction, the protagonist will always be accompanied by some childhood friends on his side. Olly is his name; this guy's an African American, a friend since his childhood.

Yves shook his head with a shrug, "Not really; I did a few little experiments last night. There was no time to play games; I thought I would soon find a great invention!" He said casually, after which Yves took a screw and a few parts of the tool and started assembling.

On Yves' desk was a pretty strange round object; it was made with iron and wrapped around the wire in several parts. The little detail in the middle may not be visible from afar, but how should I say it up close? It seems like this thing is very familiar.

Other students might laugh when they see their classmates making weird stuff like this, but for Yves? He'll laugh at them back; this thing is nothing but the famous Arc Reactor!

Well... Even if this is just a replica, umm... A tiny replica. Indeed Yves still hasn't been able to make an original reactor, so he can only make a replica of it.

Ever since he came into this world, God's gift has been straightforward. No cheats, no superpowers, not at all.

But hey, at least he's got a little villa and many books inherited from his worldly parents.

No less and no more. Is this fate sad? Not really; even if Yves doesn't get the System, there are still many ways to get to the top of this world.

For now, he doesn't have to complain; in the future, there will be a good chance that he can increase his strength.

Seeing his friend busy assembling a strange object made Olly suspicious and afraid. It's not that he doesn't trust his friend; it's just that a month ago, Yves' father conducted an experiment that nearly cost his son his life.