Chapter 44

Get into the car that has been modified; the car has been added with nitrogen. Its speed can be briefly increased to a hundred kilometers per hour. The average car in this era only has a speed of sixty kilometers per hour.

There are many smooth concrete roads in this era, and cars can run very smoothly.

The United States made a lot of money from the first world war, and the government spent most of its funds to build its own country. Basically, almost every city has a road that has been cast.

There is an old saying, "If you want your country to be rich, then build the way first!" With good roads, it is straightforward to ship any supplies. Good roads can improve the quality of many industries.

While driving this battered car, Yves envied the feeling of flying in the sky freely. What's the coolest thing about Iron Man? Of course, fly freely in the sky!

The second most fun is defeating the bad guys, but the primary key is being able to fly. One day Yves will definitely be able to match that guy!

He had previously said that it would take two days to get from MIT to Brooklyn; that's with the shuttle bus. Even the car will also take a long time, but more economical.

But if Yves had driven himself, things would have been different. He was able to return to his old home in just five hours! He could have come much quicker if he wasn't constrained by this shabby car.

Back home, no one was there. Yves decided to go to his friend's house. He saw his friend, Olly, sitting on the sofa, staring up at the ceiling. Meanwhile, Souline was crying in her mother's arms.

"Brother Yves, you're back!"

"Yes, I'm back, little sis. Souline, don't cry; big brother brought you a lot of good food. All you have to do now is help your mother make a delicious lunch for your big brother, okay?" Yves comforted Souline while hugging her.

"Aunt Barra, don't worry, everything will be fine. I'm here!" Yves also hugged crying Aunt Barra; he even felt her magnificent figure.

Seeing his friend hugging his mother, Olly didn't react as usual; his eyes were blank as if his soul had been ripped out by an angel.

Yves sighed; he walked closer to his friend.

*Pa!*

A direct slap to the man's face. Olly shook his head slightly, but he still didn't respond, as if he had drowned in the grief of his father's death.

"You really don't deserve to be Brad's son if you continue like this. What's the point of being sad? Will the killer be punished with just your grief? No! With just effort, we can catch the damn killer!" Yves shouted loudly.

He wanted to cheer up his friend, but on the other hand, he was also angry because of his friend's sadness.

If Yves had experienced this, he would have attacked the killer regardless of his own life. He'll get his revenge right away!

Pay evil deeds with a good one? Sorry, Yves is not a saint.

The saints might be able to do it, put things aside without trying to take revenge as if nothing had happened to their lives.

But Yves was a layman, not to mention this kind of pain couldn't be soaked in just like that. Besides, he also promised the og Yves that he had to find out who killed his parents.

Even though his soul had replaced Yves' og soul, a promise was a promise. He couldn't just break a promise!

"But... They're powerful, besides having great relationships in urban areas. Sera's sister said that if I couldn't catch them, then there would be other victims who would be affected." Olly replied with angry and sad feelings; his face had turned red. He looked so pitiful; the pillars of his family had died, and all his beliefs had collapsed.

"Haha, do you think we will leave this matter to someone else? We will do it ourselves, if you want revenge, then take your weapon, and go gather intelligence with me."

"By the way, I will train you, don't go to the military first. Besides, don't cry! I don't want to have cowardly friends, you look so annoying." Yves said sneeringly while making a made-up expression of disgust.

And sure enough, Olly immediately took the gun in anger; he said viciously, "Huh! Who is afraid of who? To avenge my father, I will not be afraid of anyone!"

"Damn, you're such a bastard, Yves. But, thanks." Olly suddenly punched his friend in the chest; this shows their good friendship!

"Che, there's no need to thank me, we are friends. Well, since you're so excited, then come with me."

"I need to understand what really happened, I'll give you a weapon. It's better to make thorough preparations in advance." Yves pulled out his gun with a smile. Only by wielding this cold weapon could he find a sense of security in this chaotic era.

Olly suddenly asked, "Yves, have you ever thought about avenging your father and mother too?"

Yves paused for a moment, then turned around with a big smile, "Of course! I made a promise to myself. This is my responsibility and obligation as a child!"

Olly patted Yves on the shoulder. "You are such a nice guy; I will support you!"

The two of them came to the Carlos Gang headquarters.

Ever since the Carlos Gang started their fast food business on the streets of Brooklyn, high-quality and inexpensive snacks and fast foods have quickly gained repeat customers.

Light, economic, and delicious food tempts everyone. Shoppers don't have to cook themselves; just order, and they will be cooked by an experienced chef. Plus, it's cheaper than a hamburger!

After a month of development, plus written guidance from Yves, Carlos has recruited many members. In contrast, for the core members of the Gang, only selected people will be given the AK-47.

So far, no one has sold such a powerful weapon in New York; even if it is stock on the black market, it must be costly!

Carlos's area is becoming very lively, the economy is booming, and even the ruffians and hooligans are behaving better.

Inside Bar.

The row of booths in the back had been converted into a large office. Even Yves needed to be checked before he was allowed in.

Even though he could tell them that he was the one who hired Carlos, Yves didn't plan on saying that. He didn't want to reveal his identity at all.

It is most effective to hide in the dark; it is best to leave the dirty work to these people. After all, they are all 'professional'!

"Boss, what kind of wind brought you here? Sit down, please sit down!"

Carlos, who saw his Boss enter, hastily stood up and greeted him.

The more he got into the business, the more he knew his current job's potential and his boss's thinking. All business developments are within Eddie's hopes!

Too bad his boss didn't want to mix up another 'special' job. Otherwise, they would have taken over New York's underground business!

Surely Yves knew what Carlos was thinking. He's not stupid enough; what's the point of getting rich if he's targeted by the military, police, and the American government? He didn't want to run to every village, town, or place all the time to avoid their catch!

Besides, there are still many beautiful women out there waiting for him! If he was a fugitive, then how could he enjoy his time with his future wives?

"Well, you did a good job. Do you know the Gang that clashed with the police recently? Tell me the specifics!"

There is no need for a polite or formal greeting. After all, Carlos is his subordinate; no need to spit at length, just say what he wants.

-----

read chapter 119 on;

patréon.com/mizuki77