Chapter 27

Yves wasn't used to this kind of intimacy. As a younger brother, it seems that his seniority has reduced. "Old sis, can you tell me your previous job?"

Sera likes toying with her little brother; she has complete control over Yves being the only older sister!

"Didn't I tell you, please call me big sis!" Sera continued, "I used to work on the anti-drug team, which is hazardous. Recently I was on a business trip for a certain case."

"Since the case is over, I've been transferred back to this area. Don't worry, Yves, your big sister, won't leave you again!"

"But as soon as I got back home, you wanted to leave..." After she finished speaking, Sera immediately hugged Yves again.

Yves reluctantly accepted this affection, "It can't be helped; I have to go to MIT to report. It's a private college, and the start date is different from other universities."

"Aunt Sarah and I are going there."

Sera's heart broke as soon as Yves said the maid's name. She grabbed Yves' neck and lifted him up, "Bad boy, why did you hire a maid? Why did you hire such a beautiful maid? Why do you pay her such a high salary!"

"Has that woman given you ecstasy? Yves, wake up; your own big sis earns only a hundred dollars a month!"

Sera spoke in a trembling voice, but Yves trembled even more! He almost fainted from the strangulation!

Yves hastily let go of the small hand holding his neck; after releasing it, Yves immediately lay on the bed gasping for air. "H-hey, you're going too far!" Yves coughed a few times.

Realizing that she might be overdoing it, Sera felt a little embarrassed and immediately helped pat Yves on the back.

"Then tell your sister, why are you doing this?"

Sensing his older sister's enthusiasm, Yves had no other choice but to tell the 'big sis.' that had suddenly appeared in his life. "I designed powerful weapons, sold them to Stark Industries, and now I'm a shareholder in the company. I'm not short of money!"

"Aunt Sarah is a woman who is very good at doing housework. I like reading books and doing experiments; I don't have time to clean this big house, let alone cook food."

After listening to him, Sera nodded a few times, but she pouted slightly at the thought of a maid earning more than herself!

"But you don't need to give her such a high salary, even fifty dollars for a maid is enough. Even though you have a lot of money, don't spend it carelessly!"

"Give me the money; I will keep it for my beloved brother. I don't want you to spend it carelessly; what if in the future you get married and have no money?"

Sera's move was special, but Yves wasn't that stupid and just gave up all the money. He tried to brush it off, "I'm an adult, don't worry about my expenses. You can take care of yourself."

"Aunt Sarah used to be a nurse and knew how to take good care of people. I also needed someone to rely on. Otherwise, my experiments would be lost!"

Sera looked at Yves with tears in her eyes. "Yves, you've changed; you used to listen to your cute big sis. Why are you now so stranger to me? I promised my parents to take good care of you!"

"Don't leave your big sis; you are the only relative I have!"

Sera, who entered memory mode, hugged Yves once again. Memories and images replayed between her and her little brother in her head. She remembered playing with Yves for hours... Since her younger brother loved to read books, she liked to interrupt him to get her brother's attention.

She wanted to protect her younger brother, so she followed her father's friend to learn martial arts.

In her parents' final moments, her mother and father held her hand in the hospital and told her to take good care of her younger brother.

Yves had quite a lot of experience; he had also died once. But seeing a woman crying in his arms made his heart feel uncomfortable.

Yves felt a little guilty; he patted Sera's shoulder with his hand, "Okay, okay. Let's get along like we used to again."

"You know that I experienced that explosion, right? It seems that it has reduced my emotional feelings. I wonder if I've lost my feelings since that day."

"I'm sorry, let me adapt for a while." Yves sighed helplessly.

Sera immediately looked at her brother nervously. Wiping away her tears, Sera began to look Yves up and down, back and forth, left and right.

If Yves didn't stop the woman, maybe she would just keep checking his body!

"Even though you have told me that you are fine, big sis needs to have your body checked at the nearest hospital. Big sis is really worried about you. If anything happens, big sis will feel sad!"

The warmth his sister gave him made Yves a little helpless. Although he understands Sera's feelings, he doesn't like being controlled by his sister.

"Huh... Alright. To celebrate your return, let's go shopping. I'll also invite Aunt Sarah; maybe we can buy some clothes." Not to forget, Yves added, "Then we can go to the nearest hospital to check my health."

Yves had no other choice but to invite her to shop to prevent the other party from crying again. Yves knew that this proposal would never be turned down by a woman.

Hearing the words 'shopping', Sera's eyes immediately lit up! But when she heard Yves would invite Sarah, the lousy woman too, Sera immediately pouted.

"Yves, why did you invite that old woman too!"

Yves almost glared. Where is the old woman? Sarah? She looks like she is in her thirties! Obviously, the most mature age of a woman.

Women are indeed difficult to understand, "How old are you? She is still very young, she is also my friend's mother. It is not good to insult people like that."

Sera was still frowning with dissatisfaction. This gave her a charming young girl vibe. Yves knew that his sister's attitude had no pretense at all.

"Fine then, but you have to promise to call me 'big sister' in the future. Otherwise, I'll tell her that you've called her an old woman." Sera smiled sweetly; it seemed she had come up with a good idea to threaten her little brother.

"Okay, big sis. Are you satisfied now?"

"Let's go shopping."

Yves, who originally planned to study hard, had now been bullied.

But it doesn't matter, he doesn't need to bother with his studies, he's a good student anyway.