Chapter 90

That afternoon's practice made Yves aware of his second effect. Now he knows that he can recover by basking in the sun. But this recovery effect still needs to be studied more.

This self-recovery ability was great, but what was consumed to achieve this effect? If this self-recovery ability was achieved by consuming his life force, wouldn't that be a waste? If he can recover quickly at the price of death, then forget it; it's better not to have this ability!

After exercising for more than an hour under the sun, Yves felt an intense hunger in his stomach.

It was as if he had been hungry since yesterday! His spirit is still ok, and his physical strength is also ok; it's just that he feels hungry.

After writing down a few parameters, Yves wiped his sweat with a towel. Then he went to a restaurant with Sinthea to eat.

The food he chooses is none other than beef and some vegetables; the food is high in protein, can satisfy hunger, and increase the energy he needs.

On the other hand, Sinthea sat quietly as she watched Yves eat. In her heart, she wondered, why did she feel so curious about that man? Isn't this weird? She was a woman who hated men not too long ago, but now she wants to know about Yves...

Sinthea didn't even know that her attitude looked similar to that of a girl in love.

Yves's mood improved after eating. Thanks to Zola, now he can eat all kinds of food without paying.

Since there was a meeting tonight, Yves wanted to hurry back to the hotel to wash. Not to forget, he accompanied Sinthea before attending tonight's reception.

Sinthea, who had been 'tired' all day, chose to stay in her hotel room due to exhaustion. She didn't stand a chance against Yves. Therefore, only Yves could come out tonight.

Yves immediately followed Howard to a luxurious castle on the city's outskirts.

The castle looked very old and was built with a medieval theme. For anyone living inside this castle building must have a very high status.

The castle was brightly lit, like a night city glowing from a distance. At first glance, it looks very charming and also brilliant. On each side of the building, Nazi soldiers were stationed to guard.

It seems that a Nazi army officer is present at the reception tonight.

At this stage, the Nazis were simply scraping the land around their territory, trying to recover the areas they had lost in the aftermath of the first world war.

Neither the British nor the French, who controlled the Security Council, had the energy to eradicate the Third Reich. Their economic downturn still needs to be restored first. If their economy collapses, what energy do they have to participate in this war?

On the other hand, the French were very confident in their Maginot Defensive Line; it was built at a massive cost!

The defense line was covered with many forts and moats. They were confident that the line was impenetrable and indestructible.

The fact that it was true, even the Third Reich would not be willing to confront those Maginot lines from the front. It wasn't that they couldn't win, but the unimaginable cost of human life made them contemplate the choice.

Even though the Maginot line was solid, the strategists didn't realize that the line had a fatal flaw!

***

Evening parties and lavish medieval-style castles. Yves felt very interested; besides that, there were also many noble ladies and noble wives who came to this party. All of them were luxuriously dressed, one more beautiful than the other.

"Tonight party is hosted by Lieutenant General Lankotan of the German Third Army, so the guard will be even tighter." Seeing Yves' curious look, Howard explained the situation while stroking his mustache.

"I see..." Yves nodded in understanding.

After checking the invitation card, the sentry confirmed Howard and Yves' identities and let them in.