Chapter 35

Yves caught sight of two workers pushing a simple small food cart with a gas stove hanging below through a familiar street.

On it, there are frying pans and food raw materials, such as noodles and vegetables.

The food merchant skillfully poured oil and put the white rice in the pan. He stirred it a few times, then tossed the right amount of noodles into the pan and fried it again.

After adding soy sauce, salt, and other spices, the fried noodles with a fragrant aroma were finally cooked!

After wrapping it, the man gave the package of food to the buyer. But, the person who received the parcel didn't want to buy it, he tried to run away without paying!

Only, before he could run for five meters, he had been caught by the Carlos Gang, who had been standing guard on the side. The gang member immediately kicked and punched the thief. After that, they return the food parcels to the seller.

As usual, the members of Carlos's gang were again gathering on the side of the road. They crouched and smoked cigarettes as if nothing had happened.

After the initial panic, other potential buyers who had previously wanted to steal immediately gave up their intentions. They looked down in fear and tried to ignore what they had just seen.

As for the food merchant, he was relieved; he was grateful that the scary people who employed him were willing to pay him well. It's hard to find a good job right now, so he's not too picky.

Yves, who saw this incident felt a little surprised. He never expected that Carlos would implement this so quickly.

The expertise of the natives who were employed certainly could not be doubted. In this era, they had been forced to look after their home since childhood, so the basics of cooking were no big deal for them.

Apart from that fast food cart, another cart had been placed quite a distance away.

Oh, there are also prostitutes trying to invite customers. All of these people did their jobs.

Carlos' gang members are responsible for protecting and guarding them.

If there were people who had received services but were unwilling to pay, some strong men would serve them with iron fists. Like what just happened.

If any other gang came to make trouble, Carlos' team would kill them without further ado with an AK-47. But big problems like that rarely happen. After all, this area had been taken over by Carlos' gang, and the people knew they would end badly if they tried to find trouble in this neighborhood.

Inside the Bar, Carlos and a group of his men excitedly counted their hard-earned money.

Even though it wasn't much money, it was a lot of money! People who could barely even afford food a few days ago have pocketed a lot of money. They even cramp trying to count them!

In fact, they have made more than tens of thousands of dollars in profits this month!

"Wow, boss, we made over two thousand dollars in one night. This is also the result of the nearby streets; if we spread this business throughout the Brooklyn area, wouldn't we make a big profit!"

Luke is feeling excited. Who would have thought that a week ago, he was still a stinky tramp sleeping in the garden and couldn't buy his own food!

Carlos slapped the back of Luke's head, but he was also excited. "Calm yourself, boy! Let our brothers celebrate this tonight; give them some bonuses."

"By the way, teach new recruits who try to bully and take advantage of innocent people a lesson; if they don't change, kick them out of the gang. Didn't the boss tell you? We don't have to break the law!"

"Compensate the prostitutes who have been harmed; this is the task the boss has given us."

Since Carlos' gang took over, the prostitutes working in Brooklyn have slowly gotten a better life. They no longer have to live in a miserable environment where they are constantly being taken advantage of.

At least by working with Carlos' gang, they could get a good salary.

Speaking of stalls, other people not employed by the Carlos Gang are not allowed to open their own. If they insisted, they would be at their own risk!

Yves smiled when he saw this change. He took the initiative to order fried rice.

He is not a saint; if he can help, then he will try to help. If he can't, then he won't.

There are lots of food carts scattered on this street, ranging from carts selling shaomai and various other delicious foods.

These foreign foods attract many customers, what's more, they are very cheap!

As long as a gang member was guarding, the food vendor didn't have to worry if someone wanted to cause trouble.

Yves didn't finish everything he had bought; he didn't want to be full early because Yves wanted to go home and eat the food Aunt Sarah had made.

To be honest, once he found out about his relationship with Aunt Sarah... Yves immediately felt dizzy. He didn't know how to deal with it.

Does he need to pretend he doesn't know? But for how long? He didn't want to hurt Aunt Sarah! It's also too bastard. Even though he's a bastard too. But he still has a bottom line.

Does he need to embrace this relationship calmly? That seems better, but that's not the point. You need to remember that Aunt Sarah is Steve Rogers's mother, Captain America!

Thinking of Steve's muscular figure asking about his mother's condition, would he just keep quiet? Yves might have been beaten if Steve found out what was going on!

***

Sarah had prepared dinner back home, and now she was sitting on the sofa reading the newspaper.

When she saw her little husband return, she immediately got up while showing a happy smile.

"Mr. Yves, you're back. Please wash your hands first; I'll prepare dinner."

Yves, initially slightly absent-minded, immediately returned to his original attitude while enjoying Aunt Sarah's service.

His sister also came home early; she came down from upstairs humming a little song. It seems the woman is pleased today.

But when she saw a car parked in the yard, Sera screamed in surprise, "Whoa, whose car is that! That's cool!"

Yves turned his head, answering honestly, "Isn't that obvious? That car is The number one genius scientist in the world's car, Yves!" He said in a joking tone.

Sera suddenly rushed over and hugged Yves. Her hands stroking her Lil bro hair excitedly, "Only one I can say, you are awesome! Haha, give me the key; let your cute big sis try and play with it!"

The initial sentence is still acceptable, but the final sentence? Want to play? Hey, cars are not for toys!

Yves immediately freed himself from the deadly embrace. Otherwise, he would suffocate and die!

Luckily her sister's body felt fragrant and soft...

Yves immediately tossed the car keys, "Take it, but you have to have dinner with us first."

Before Yves even finished speaking, Sera, who had received the keys, hastily changed her shoes. She rushed out, saying, "The food can be eaten later; I want to try starting the car first!"