Chapter 26

Aunt Sarah sat right in front of Sera without feeling nervous. She is neither a thief nor a robber; there is no need to be afraid of the other party. Even though the woman clearly had traces of hatred towards her, Sarah didn't budge.

"Yes, my name is Sarah. I am a maid employed by Mr. Yves. I am responsible for taking care of Mr. Yves' daily life. If you have any questions, then you can ask me."

Sarah's every graceful movement revealed the behavior of a good tutor, Sera herself couldn't stop her. But Sera always felt that this one maid had seduced her little brother; otherwise, how could her quiet little brother want to hire a maid?

"Since when have you been working here? Who lives in the house? How old are you? Please tell me, Ma'am, I'm a police officer, so don't try to lie to me!"

The smell of hot gunpowder permeated the air, one belonging to Yves' older sister and the other from Aunt Sarah. Neither of them knew each other's identity, but the unique female feelings they had made them constantly wary of each other subconsciously.

It was as if their loved ones wanted to be forcibly snatched away from them!

"My name is Sarah; my husband was a soldier of the 107th corps who died in the first world war. I have a son who works in a friend's shop." Sarah started to introduce herself.

"Today, I am forty-five years old. I met Mr. Yves at the parts shop a few days ago. After that he invited me to work here, that's all. I have said everything." Since she wasn't doing anything illegal, Sarah wasn't afraid of this female cop.

Seeing the maid's charming blue eyes and beautiful appearance made Sera sigh inwardly. But the more attractive a woman is, the more untrusted they are!

Sera slapped the table hard, "What really happened to my brother this month? Please tell me, Miss Sarah."

"I don't know; I only heard that Mr. Yves woke up from a coma a few days later after the explosion. The rest, I don't know much."

"But I will tell you one thing, Mr. Yves is in good health." Aunt Sarah answered calmly; there was no panic when she was being interrogated by the other party.

Sera stared for a moment; so far, no sign of lying from the woman.

Sera felt a little frustrated; maybe the other party wasn't lying to hee.

Sera sat down, sipping coffee hastily, after which she asked casually, "How much monthly salary does my brother give you?"

"Two hundred dollars a month." Aunt Sarah replied with a playful smile; somehow, she felt like showing off in front of Yves's older sister.

"T-two hundred dollars!" Right after hearing that number, Sera almost spit out her drink!

Sera started jumping like a cat whose tail had been stepped on. "Impossible, t-two hundred is too much! My salary alone is only a hundred dollars a month; there's no way you can receive such a big salary!"

"No, you must have tricked Yves! You evil woman, you must have ulterior motives!"

Seeing Sera's excited behavior, Aunt Sarah remained calm, even though she was busy drinking her cup of hot tea.

"I'm not lying; you don't have to believe me either. But you can't just slander me! If you have any other questions, you can ask Mr. Yves directly."

Seeing the other party's indifferent expression, Sera felt even more irritated. She must have given something to her little brother, and she must be planning something!

But Sera could not immediately kick the woman out of this house. All she could do was a frown; she needed to ask her brother and ask him to fire this maid!

***

In the room, Yves was reading a mechanical physics book. The book is the output of Stark Industries. It also includes a further study of minority shareholders.

The perverted uncle Howard is not playing with his help; the man is trying to fully support him.

While Yves was busy reading, suddenly, a knock on his door from outside.

*Knock!*

*Knock!*

*Knock!*

"Enter!"

The door opening was heard, and Sera, who had just finished taking a shower, had changed into her regular clothes.

Seeing her brother reading, it felt like he had changed a lot.

After coming to this room, Sera somehow felt uncomfortable asking. Now that they were alone in the room, this added to the awkward atmosphere.

But Sera needed to ask a question; she felt something was wrong with her brother.

"Yves, do you remember me? Why do I feel you have changed so much after the accident. Your attitude is so different from before."

Yves put down the book he was holding. Taking the hot tea on the table, Yves replied with a smile, "Nothing is different. Time flies, and people change; I'm no exception. By the way, why did you suddenly come back? Aren't you happy working late at the police station? I'm sure you've found a male friend there too."

Hearing her brother's words, Sera felt a burst of anger welling up inside her. There was a sense of ridicule in that man's words!

"Yves! Didn't I tell you? I can't go back because I have a mission. I know you blame me, but please understand. I did all this purely for you!"

"Besides, my parents have assigned me to look after you. And I will never look for a boyfriend!"

Hearing the woman's final statement, Yves fell silent.

"Why would you want to do that?"

"Because you are my brother, and I am your big sis." Sera smiled as she stroked Yves' head.

-----

read chapter 100 on;

patréon.com/mizuki77