Chapter 16

After saying goodbye to Aunt Sarah, Yves still remembered the woman's strange behavior. However, he still had no idea what had happened last night.

The heavy hangover made him guess a little, but he still couldn't remember.

If Yves knew what was going on, he'd probably be laughing like crazy.

When he reached the park, the three criminals saw Yves appear. The three of them immediately surrounded the man; instead of robbing, they wanted to welcome their new Boss. "Boss, you have come again. Our brothers have been waiting for you for a long time. Do you have anything for us to do?"

Yves kept his distance from them a little, not that he didn't want to come close, but their smell was unpleasant.

"Before that, introduce yourselves first. It let me recognize you more easily."

The homeless people nodded.

"My name is Carlos, I used to be a member of the Beer gang, but the gang was destroyed by the Ballistic gang last year. I happened to escape and survived." The 1.8 meters tall sturdy black man introduced himself.

"My name is Carmen; I used to be a thief. I've been living here since I lost my job recently. If you have a good business, I don't mind playing with you." This time is Carmen's turn. He has the same height but is not as muscular.

"And I'm Luke; I'm with brother Carlos. I used to be in the Beer gang too." Luke introduced himself.

This one looked a little scared, either out of fear of the rifle Yves was carrying or another reason.

After hearing their introduction, Yves pondered for a moment. After that, he took on the big boss style.

"Okay, before you all become successful or remain trash. Now is your chance to rise; it's up to you whether you want to follow me or not."

"Tell me, Boss. As long as there is something to eat, I, Carlos, will do my best!" Carlos patted his chest.

"Hmm, I want to ask first. How much do you guys know about the Ballistic gang?" Yves didn't know the gang's strength, but he could still ask.

"The Ballistic gang is the third-largest gang in Brooklyn; they also have a monopoly on drugs, meat, extortion, robbery, smuggling, etc."

"There are also other gangs led by Russians; I hear they have good arms smuggling channels. And they seem much better than the other gangs."

"The only downside of this gang is that they clash a lot. Other than that, I don't know." Carlos, who had been in the old gang, certainly knew a few things.

Yves stroked his chin, "Very good; I want to start a new gang. Are you guys interested in joining? I will direct from behind the scenes. As for the gang leader, it can be chosen among the three of you."

"Did you have the balls to try it?"

Hearing this, Carlos became severe, "I want to ask, is it just the three of us? If it's just the three of us, I'm afraid we can't even beat one of them."

"Oh, don't worry, even if it's only three, you can handle them. All you need is a good weapon." Yves raised his eyebrows.

"If you lack members, you can recruit more. Other people will automatically follow you when you manage to leave a name."

"You've been in this business for a long time; you must know a few people. I'll provide the guns, and you'll clean the grass. How about it?"

Yves understands that this era is not as peaceful as the 21st century. There are gun battles on the streets almost every day.

With the severe economic downturn, the surrounding police stations didn't have much manpower or even care for these things. As long as the gangs don't do to civilians, the police won't try to stop them.

Lack of funds is also a factor that prevents the police from cleaning up these gangs.

"This is the assault rifle and the five pistols I carry. Enough for now."

"Once you have gathered enough members, you can claim certain territories. With this weapon, what are you still afraid of?" Yves smiled.

"If you're still scared, better get out now. Stay homeless and don't expect money or women." Yves threw the assault rifles and pistols at them. It was as if he didn't care if the three tried to betray him.

Both Carmen, Luke, and Carlos looked at each other. As long as the others nodded, they would follow.

Yves' words gave them a profound shock. After all, their current condition was terrible; they died if they died.

They are faced with two choices. Starve to death or die fighting...

"Fine, I'll come with you, Boss. Anyway, we don't know your name yet." Carlos is broad-minded; the first step is to take a stance like a loyal subordinate.

Did a person in this era who could pull out such a powerful weapon have a mediocre background?

The most essential thing that professional gangsters need to know is to observe people's movements and words.

"You can call me Yves. Okay, I'll be looking forward to from you."

"By the way, Luke. I still have work for you." Yves spoke a few words in the man's ear, after which he turned and left.

But before that, he handed them several packs of bullets and money.

After Yves left. The thief, Carmen, took the gun with a hideous smile.

"What a fool. Do you think we will comply? It would be foolish to give us weapons for free."

Carlos took the gun, checked the bullet, then shot Carmen in the head.

The kinetic energy of the bullet instantly blows up the opponent's head.

Luke, who still didn't react, could only stare blankly.

"Those who are unfaithful don't need to live. Luke, follow me and work hard. One day we will live a decent life." Carlos killed someone without the slightest reaction as if it was something he often did.

Only then did Luke realize that his eldest brother had killed someone. Trying to suppress his panic, he asked, "Brother, are we both going to do it ourselves?"

Carlos wiped the splattered blood on his face. "No, we will follow the Boss. I have a feeling that person will achieve something big in the future. Do you think I am as stupid as Carmen?"

"Anyway, we need to do the task that Mr. Yves has given us. Don't talk about anything else to me before this task is done."

Luke could only nod without resisting; he followed Carlos out of the garden area.

Carlos looked at the garden area, and he started spitting. From now on, he wouldn't want to sleep in a place like this anymore!