Chapter 63

Yves decided to go home first; nothing happened between him and Ophelia.

Even if 'something' happened, Ophelia could beat him mercilessly on the ground. Stamina problem? Yves still couldn't keep up with her!

When he got home, his room was still clean even though he hadn't lived there for a long time. Did Sera clean it up? Possibly.

Since he was the only one at home, should he stay at Olly's?

Excellent idea!

***

The next day, before his friend woke up, Yves hastily slipped out of Aunt Barra's room. If he gets caught, even if he and Olly are friends, maybe that guy will still beat him, keke~

Inside the kitchen, Aunt Barra smiled generously when she saw Yves awake.

"Are you awake? Son, your favorite burger is ready, take it and eat slowly."

Aunt Barra's voice was very soft, her expression normal too, as if nothing had happened last night. But strangely, her face looks even more beautiful, as if it exudes the charm of black pearls. Her mature aura is also very seductive!

Yves took a hamburger and milk, then left while saying goodbye to Aunt Barra.

Sitting in the car, Yves took two breaths of fresh air. Indeed, life as a bastard was beautiful.

Thinking about what happened last night, Yves felt strange. Didn't Aunt Barra not drink wine? Then why didn't she refuse?

Yves originally wanted to go to the Stark Industries building immediately. But, very early in the morning, Howard, that old pervert, must still not be awake. Since there's nothing to do, let's get some exercise first.

Getting out of the car, Yves walked towards the yard of his house.

Push-ups, Sit-ups, Jogging, Dumbles, etc. Yves started his morning practice.

A few minutes later, Yves' friend, Olly, walked out of the house yawning, "Hey, you bastard. You woke up so early. Haha, you must be lonely, right? Let me play with you." Olly picked up a hundred-pound Dumble set.

"By the way, did you stay last night?"

"Yeah, thanks for it." Yves thanks.

"Early in the morning is great for training the body; after all, as a researcher, I also have to keep my body healthy." Yves quickly changed the subject. He didn't want to reveal what really happened last night...

"If I heard correctly, you will be placed in the Military Academy, won't you?"

"Yes, in the next two days, I will go to attend the Military. Just watch, I will definitely become a strong military officer!"

"Newspapers say that European countries are trying to expand their arsenals, Asia is also in a fierce war."

"Maybe one day America will join the war, I too can go to the battlefield to earn money and military credit!"

Olly patted his chest; he looked brighter after coming out of the slump because of his father's death.

"The day you say won't be long. You will probably join the war without waiting a long time." Yves nodded.

Suddenly Olly tapped Yves on the shoulder, "Hey, buddy. I'm going to the Military Academy in San Francisco, and it's far from here."

"Since my mother will be working under you, you must take good care of my mother and sister. Otherwise..." Olly narrowed her eyes, "I will beat you."

*Cough!*

Yves coughed twice while trying to hide his embarrassed expression; he then said without hesitation, "Haha, leave it to me."

"But I need to remind you, I am afraid that Aunt barra and your younger sister will fall in love with me. Haha, like a firefly in the dark night, I will definitely attract the attention of beautiful women." Yves joked.

Olly looked at his friend with disdain, "Don't dream too much, my mother's marksmanship and martial arts are very strong. Be careful, she might hit you in the head if you want to do anything wrong." Olly tried to warn his friend.

Olly's statement was true; Yves often felt pressured when fighting Aunt Barra! That woman is indeed powerful!

Yves certainly wouldn't reveal the secret; he could only laugh out loud in his heart.

After bidding farewell to his friend at noon, Yves went to block 49, where the bald Lex's family was waiting.

After two days of rest, the sickly woman began to feel better. But the long-term nutritional deficiencies still made her look a little thin.

But, if one looked closely, she was definitely a beautiful woman if she was in good health!

Seeing Yves coming, the two little kids jumped up and hurriedly greeted, "Big bro, thank you for your help!" Lex Luthor and Lena Luthor both hugged Yves' waist.

A weak woman's voice came a few moments later, "Thank you for saving my children and me. I will return my family dept soon; please don't do anything bad to my two children."

The great motherhood made Lex and Lena let go of their embrace at Yves'; they immediately curled up in their mother's arms. With their mother still alive, the two young children felt that there was still warmth in this cruel world.

"Two hundred dollars a month, that's your salary."

"From now on you will work as a maid. I will deduct a hundred dollars to pay your husband's debts."

"If the grocery money is not enough, you can tell me directly." Yves wasn't going to pretend to be a good person. It would put Lex Luthor's mother at ease if he withdrew a little money.

After all, even though two hundred dollars was cut in half to pay off the debt. One hundred dollars is still big money in this era!

A small family who had never seen a ten-dollar bill, getting such an enormous salary immediately surprised them. "Th-this, the salary is too much!" The middle-aged woman hesitated for a moment.

She is not a petty nor money-oriented woman; besides, she is not stupid. How could she possibly have two children with Super IQ if she was stupid?

"Not much, my other maids also receive the same salary."

"Since you have worked in my house, you will be my family from now on. Therefore, you must work harder."

"By the way, Auntie, what's your name? We've talked for a while, but I still don't know your name." Yves wondered.

"My name is Leticia, sir." The middle-aged woman said weakly, but her tone was full of firmness.

"Well, nice to meet you, Aunt Leticia. Now pack your things, I'll take you to my place."

"After that, rest your body first and try to adjust to the new environment." Yves looked at his watch and decided.

All business was done, and it was time for him to go to MIT with Leticia, Lex, and Lena.

Generally, MIT will never accept outsiders to enter. But since the capitalist system was deeply rooted in this world, Yves simply called the institute director and made a request.

With his wealth and fame, he could include any person he wanted. He had even turned his private dormitory into a big house!