Chapter 9

Howard poured himself and Yves a glass of red wine in a retro office.

"Good, as expected of that man's son. You really surprised me."

"Oh, I'm sorry. You're still a student, aren't you? You're not allowed to drink."

"Christine, please help me pour a cup of coffee for my little guest."

Yves' mouth twitched. Howard was a little obnoxious; after pouring himself a cup of wine, he immediately retook it!

So what if he is still a student? He can drink too!

"Mr. Yves, here's your coffee. Drink slowly; it's hot." The beautiful Secretary in a short skirt came pouring the hot coffee.

"All right, son. Tell me what terms you want. Your handcrafted weapon is a marvel; sell the blueprint to me, and I will give you a suitable price."

"Believe me, your father and I are comrades; I will not try to deceive you." Howard, who had previously looked frivolous, immediately became more serious.

"Well, I believe you, uncle. My parents once said you were the second great scientist in America." Yves said as he took a sip of coffee.

*Cough!*

"Hello? Who's the second greatest scientist? Damn, I'm the smartest scientist in America!" Howard, who was previously serious, immediately changed to his usual persona.

"Number one? Well, in the future, I will definitely surpass you. By the way, this is an AK-47 design."

"I've been monitoring the prospects for this firearms market. It can outperform any Type-44 rifle in the country."

"The price... I want to hold a share in Stark Industries, at least a ten percent. I won't care about the company's operations; all I want is a dividend that I will get every month."

Yves calmly stated the price of the technology. Since he talked to a scientist like Howard, Yves needed to give him a genuine, frank price.

And sure enough, Yves' honesty moved the man, "Ten percent? Your ambitions are so small; why don't you want instant cash?"

Hearing this, Yves smiled confidently. "Simply put, with my technical support and your professional business management. What you will achieve in the future is far more than the money you might offer me right now. I really believe in the company's future prospects."

There was strong confidence in the young man's calm tone.

"Hahaha! Your father would definitely be proud if he knew your decision now. If you want ten percent, then so be it. I'll have someone make this contract."

"Your words satisfy this great scientist, son. Oh no, partner!"

Howard laughed with satisfaction.

"As a shareholder of Stark Industries, what more could you want? Let's just say, as long as it's not too much, then I can get it for you." After saying that, Howard immediately gulped down the wine in one gulp.

His face looked very bright with joy. Howard was flattered by Yves' compliment. In his heart, he was happy; after he decided to leave the Academy of Sciences, he was always laughed at!

So far, he couldn't master the weapons industry well; this honestly made him a little angry. Still, since such a good opportunity came along, he had to make good use of it!

"I'm about to graduate, and I want to attend MIT. To be honest, there's nothing special about my high school, but I could learn a lot more in college."

"I need money too. I almost went bankrupt from developing this weapon!" Yves shrugged helplessly; if it wasn't for poverty, he wouldn't be willing to sell this weapon blueprint!

If he has the money, why not just sell it himself?

"Haha, I almost forgot. You blew up your house last time, must have lost a lot of money." Howard shook his head.

"Two thousand dollars is too little; I will give you ten thousand! Your weapon is the first step in the revival of our company; I believe you can create new good things in the future." Howard looked at the young man appreciatively.

"Of course. Actually, if there were enough funds, I could have developed a better machine gun, but for now, the AK-47 will suffice." Yves said, full of confidence.

The one-time deal with Stark Industries is an actual loss; by becoming a shareholder, he can maintain long-term success!

The work efficiency of Howard's Secretary is high-speed. In less than two hours, the contract had been printed!

After confirming the contents of the contract, Yves immediately signed his name. From now on, he is a shareholder of Stark Industries!

"Want to have dinner together tonight? My little shareholder?" Howard returned to his frivolity. After getting the blueprint of the AK-47 design, he knew that the little man was not hiding anything from him.

All of this is good business. With this gun, Stark Industries can dominate America's gun industry!

"Forget it; when you make a deal with the military, we can have a celebration party together." Yves refused the man's invitation. He had no interest in the banquet.

Better to go home and experiment with other things. There's also Aunt Sarah who can take care of him at home, hey-hey!

"As you wish." Howard just shrugged.

After leaving the Stark Industries building, Yves felt his back getting straighter.

As the saying goes, if you have money, your self-confidence will soar!

At least now his footsteps are lighter; there is no need to worry about money problems anymore.