Chapter 74

After being chased by Ophelia for a while, they finally fell silent. Ophelia touched her lips and looked at the man in front of her with a complicated expression,

Emotionally, he was the first man to express his love for her directly. So far, Ophelia also had a particular interest in the man. Apart from having connections and money, Yves also provided her with various weapons and equipment; this made Ophelia unable to resist.

So far, it seemed he was the only one who sacrificed for her, and she never even paid him back. Does her first kiss count in the payment?

"Yves, why would you want to help me?" Ophelia asked a second time; she still felt dazed by what had just happened.

"Since I want to take care of you, didn't you say that you want to be the woman who stands behind a strong man? I was just trying to fulfill that wish of yours." Yves replied with a smile. His expression was heartfelt.

Ophelia lowered her head with a happy smile, "You idiot! Anyway, you have to come back alive, don't forget me wherever you go. Take this thing; this thing is for you." After saying that, she took out a strangely shaped ornament. The ornament is made of straw rope with fine details.

"What's this?" Yves asked curiously. Madame Hydra took the initiative to give him something? This really made Yves surprised and intrigued! In this world, perhaps Yves was the only man capable of making Madame Hydra provide a gift!

"Don't ask too many questions, just take it and keep it in a safe place. Remember to come back alive." Ophelia pushed Yves out of the office a little shyly. After closing the door, she leaned back, her heart pounding like it was about to burst.

The ornaments or talismans she gave Yves earlier were charms made by Eastern European women hoping their husbands would return safely. It is said that the person who carries the talisman will be blessed by Hera, a goddess from ancient Greek mythology!

Yves, who received the gift, was quite happy. Although he doesn't believe in Greek gods, this isn't too bad; think of it as Ophelia's spiritual gift.

Besides that, this gift has also been made with Ophelia's heart and sincerity. Hey... Could it be that Viper, that dangerous woman, has fallen in love with him?"

Had their meeting affected the girl's heart?

Hanging the amulet around his neck, Yves happily walked out of the Carlos company Building. The relationship development potential between him and Ophelia seems very good. Moreover, under Ophelia's leadership, Carlos' Gang had become the second-largest Gang in a short period.

So far, Brooklyn has been closely guarded by the Carlos Gang, with an 'administrative' fee paid by every store in the area. This ensures that there will be no robbery, extortion, or even any other crime in the city of Brooklyn!

How much is the administrative fee? If it counts in a month, they will only spend three dollars, just a penny a day! Of course, the price is very affordable for the safety of residents.

Yves's big sister, who happens to be on duty in the Brooklyn area, also gets a good break because crime is decrining. She only spends her time reading newspapers and magazines daily. Her work became looser after the arrival of the Carlos Gang.

Under Ophelia's leadership, Yves would never have to worry about the well-being of the Gang. What he was thinking about the most now was how he got to Claim Ophelia earlier.

Before leaving for Germany, Yves decided to return to visit his sister. When Sera heard that her younger brother was back, Sera immediately skipped work and went home to cook something for her sweet brother.

Due to her brother's enthusiasm, Yves, who initially wanted to invite Dana, finally refused that idea. Let's comfort his sister and make her not angry anymore.

Honestly, Sera's cooking skills are terrible. The steak she had just cooked even still had blood on it! Some parts were too cooked, others too raw, but Yves still ate them silently and didn't reveal it to Sera.

"Yves? Does it taste good?" Sera asked with anticipation.

Yves hit his chest while trying to swallow the beef stuck in his throat. Damn, he almost died from food!

"Pretty good. Old lady, don't bother cooking next time." Yves tried to convince his sister not to bother cooking food for him.

"Why? Don't you like it?" Sera's brows rose, revearing her 'big sis' wild tendencies.

"Haha, no, of course not. I'm just afraid you're exhausted. You've been working hard in the police force, so it's better to rest." Yves smiled awkwardly. "By the way, I'm going overseas, so I want you to be more careful. This, take it, think of it as a means of self-defense."