Chapter 43

Aunt Sarah, who got Yves's sweet promise, was immediately happy again. She hums a little song all day long while cooking her little lover's favorite dish.

If it weren't for the lack of a genuine marriage certificate, then they would be the perfect couple.

A week later, Yves returned home after completing the experiment. When he arrived, he suddenly received a call.

"Hello, this is Yves. With who?"

There was a cry from behind the phone; though it was low, Yves could still hear it.

It was the crying sound of little Souline, Olly's sister!. "Brother Yves! Wooo... Brother Yves!"

"Souline, what happened? What's wrong with you?" Yves felt like something was wrong. Hearing the little girl say his name in a sad voice, Yves felt unease in his heart.

"Woo... Brother... Brother Yves... Dad, dad... He was killed by gangsters while on a mission... Woo... If Sera's sister didn't save us... We all might have died; I'm so scared! " On the other end of the phone, Souline wiped her tears while sobbing.

The sudden death of her father and the crisis that the girl's family is facing makes her feel overwhelmed!

"Souline, don't be afraid. Big brother is here, don't be afraid, I'll be back to see what's going on."

"Remember not to go out; let my older sister protect you; she is a police captain. Those gangsters will not dare to come blatantly."

"When I return, I will finish them all." Yves tried to comfort the little girl's heart. But undeniably, this news shocked Yves; his grip on the phone tightened.

"Woo... D-dad, daddy died... I'm scared. Woo.." She was terrified; she couldn't stop crying. Her body trembled as she remembered what had just happened to her family.

"Don't be afraid; I'll be right back. Souline, you have to be strong, wait for big brother to come back and take revenge on them. You wait at home, okay?" Yves' good mood immediately evaporates. After the good news of Sarah's pregnancy, now he was faced with this sudden bad news.

"Okay.. Woo.. Brother, you should come back soon.. I miss you.. Brother, Souline is waiting for you! Woo.. Good night..."

"You and your family are in my heart and mind. My condolences on the passing of your father. I will definitely help him get justice. All right, good night, Souline." Yves replied.

Souline hung up, after which she turned and immediately hugged her mother.

Aunt Barra also looked sad; she never expected that her husband would die suddenly at the hands of the gangsters.

She quietly hugged her daughter tighter; she hoped everything would be fine.

Uncle Brad was always good to him in the past. Hee was the one who taught him everything about self-defense and body training.

Uncle Brad was very cheerful when he was with his family and him. Yves was shocked that such a nice person would suddenly die. Yves was distraught; he needed to return quickly, afraid that Olly's family would be in danger.

On the other hand, Sarah felt displeased seeing her little husband answer someone else's phone. Aunt Sarah hugged the man gently, "Yves, what's wrong?" Sarah asked.

Since her relationship has been accepted, Aunt Sarah no longer tries to hide her affection.

She didn't hesitate to call him husband, and right now, she was carrying Yves' little baby!

"I have bad news, my best friend's father, Uncle Brad, was killed by a gang member while on a mission. I'll go back to New York to investigate this matter; after that, give Uncle Brad justice!"

Yves leaned on Aunt Sarah's arm, his eyes turning cold. His best friend's father and the person he considered part of his family were suddenly murdered by the gangsters. Those bastards will soon receive their judgment.

"Yves, it's hazardous. You have to be careful; I don't want our child to be born without a father." Aunt Sarah gently touched the man's hair. She wasn't trying to stop what Yves wanted to do; she just asked him to be careful.

Like a good wife and mother, Sarah pondered for a moment. As if thinking of something. Moments later, blushing, she whispered, "By the way, Yves. If you meet Steve, please help me take care of him. That kid is usually weak and sickly; I'm afraid of what will happen to him."

Speaking of Captain America, Steve Rogers, Yves returned to a good mood; he said with a grin, "Haha, of course. I can now be called his adoptive father after all, hahaha!"

***

After resting for one night inside the dormitory, Yves went to the related teacher to request leave while explaining the situation.

"-Like that, I have to go back soon, or else my sister will be in danger."

"My magnetic gun project has been completed anyway; I want to give it a try. The great weapon I created with the teacher will be on trial soon!"

Jennifer's snow-white hair was tied in a ponytail. Hearing her disciple's words, she frowned, "Okay, I feel sorry for your neighbor. Be careful; I don't want to hear bad news from you."

"Not everyone is qualified to be my disciple, and I don't want you to die before you become a fully capable eagle flapping its wings!" Jennifer reminded.

"Look, there are many geniuses in this world, but many of them die early. A successful genius is a genius who has a long life!"

"Thank you, Profesor Jennifer! May I give you a hug?" It's impossible for Yves not to be attracted to his beautiful mentor. Yves had been determined to be a professional 'bastard' from the start.

Jennifer frowned, but she didn't refuse. Sh gave Yves a hug, a very pure hug.

But somehow, Jennifer felt a strange object suddenly stab her stomach...

Yves immediately fled in shame; he feared that his teacher would be angry!

Yves took his personal suitcase and backpack when he returned to the dorm. Inside are gadgets he had developed and a semi-finished magnetic weapon.

Why did he call it a semi-finished product? Because the gun is still not systematically tested.

It was true that, in theoretical terms, the weapon was already finished. But no one will be able to predict what will happen when it is used.

-----

read advanced chapters in;

patréon.com/mizuki77