Chapter 60

The atmosphere of the party seemed to have been pushed to a climax. Many people gathered around Howard, Thomas, and his wife for the cooperation of the new Battery.

Lithium battery has just been launched, and although Wayne Enterprises has taken over the rights for the product, the related business plan is still being drafted.

Tonight's party is just to show the product and advertise it.

Regarding the AK-47, Stark Industries has been working overtime processing orders from various countries worldwide.

The United States did not allow powerful weapons to circulate in the country but for Germany, France, and the Soviet Union. America could not prevent Howard from transacting with them. Yet, America was still not the wealthiest superpower country in this era.

Besides, neither Congress nor the Senators will try to deter their own capitalists. Thanks to the manufacture of the weapon, many unemployed people were employed!

Both Soviet agents and agents from other countries had noticed Yves, a genius weapons designer.

Yves probably wouldn't have invented that weapon if it weren't for a quick buck. But hey, thanks to this, he managed to get into a top university and get to know great people. In the future, he might be able to participate in the Super Soldier Serum project!

Everything has a good and a wrong side. Even though Yves has made a lot of money thanks to that weapon, he is now the target of Captain America's o.g enemy, Red Skull Schmidt!

***

Ophelia looked around her silently with evil eyes.

Placing her hand on the man's shoulder, her cherry red lips spoke secret words. "..."

After that, Ophelia waited anxiously for the man's answer.

Judging from her data, Yves' contacts with certain gangsters couldn't be hidden.

Under a professional agency's investigation, some of Yves's relationships with someone important could be traced.

Moreover, in the Ballistic Gang massacre, the Gangsters employed by Yves all wore masks bearing the Big Octopus logo.

Their outfits and actions reflect Hydra very much!

"Grow two heads..." Yves said simply.

Ophelia bit her lip; breathing slowly, she whispered into Yves' ear like a lover.

"Hehe, handsome, you are indeed a member of the Hydra organization~."

Yves frowned, it was confirmed that Hydra's help could benefit him, but honestly, he didn't want to get too involved with them.

If he had worked with them and was captured after the end of World War Two as a top scientist, he wouldn't have been killed right away, like Dr. Zola.

Yves said calmly, "I'm not someone from Hydra, I just happened to be working with them."

"Who are you actually working for, and in which faction?" Ophelia was a little skeptical; she didn't believe Yves' words. Only loyal members know such secret codes.

Those words are there to test and greet each other; no random person can know it.

"I'm from the eastern faction, by the way this isn't the right place to talk about this. Let's go out first." Ophelia said while bringing her body closer.

Yves generously hugged the girl's slender waist, "Alright, lead the way."

When the man touched her body, the fine hairs on Ophelia's body instantly stood up like an angry and frightened cat. Ophelia tried hard to suppress the killing intent rising from within her heart.

Leaning on Yves' arm, Ophelia walked mechanically.

As the two left the party venue, no one paid much attention to them; it was customary to leave anyway. Maybe they want to go to the toilet or have other business to discuss.

Besides that maybe the man and woman wanted to do something, who knows...

Ophelia took Yves out of Wayne's building and got into Yves' car; she ordered the man to step on the gas and turn left and right on a particular road. After arriving at a place, she told him to stop.

The two of them entered the apartment; the apartment was clean, and it looked like it had just been cleaned.

After entering, Ophelia immediately breathed a sigh of relief; after making sure no one was following, she made Yves a cup of tea.

"The hydra organization has countless branches, the largest faction is divided into three main factions. The three factions are led by Schmidt, Baron Strucker and Kraken. The Kraken is the one who hired me."

"Outside of those three factions are only minor factions." Ophelia calmly explained Hydra's basic situation while sitting up straight on the loveseat with her hands on her thighs.

Judging from her sitting posture, it's clear that the woman is on standby; she is ready to attack the opponent whenever she needs to.

On the other hand, Yves was different; he sat relaxed without intending to fight or defend himself.

"Honestly, I don't care who you are, now you are in a very dangerous situation. So many people have been staring at you, maybe someone will suddenly come and kidnap you. Maybe even want to kill you."

"The weapon you created proves your worth, but it's also what will lead you to disaster," Ophelia said severely, as if she wanted to intimidate the opponent. Even so, she still said the accurate information.

Yves leaned lazily on the sofa, grabbed the teacup, then took a sip.

Turns out it didn't taste bad.

"I knew this would come sooner or later. I expected it from the start."

"After all, I am a firefly that shines brightly in the dark night; no matter how I hide, people will still find me. I'm used to it." With a severe made-up expression, Yves acted like a narcissist.

The severe atmosphere suddenly became a joke because of Yves' words and attitude!

Hearing the man's answer, Ophelia was almost out of breath! Is that guy an idiot?

-----

read chapter 162 on;

patréon.com/mizuki77

Halloween discount (16%) until November 1 - 11:59 pm PST