Chapter 76

Long plane trips are pretty dull; luckily, there is Howard to talk to.

"Oh, the idea you're talking about is great. Flying cars can reduce ground friction and increase speed..." Howard said, stroking his mustache.

When the colonel heard the conversation, he couldn't help but roll his eyes. What the hell? Are there flying cars?

The colonel's response can be ascertained; after all, he is not someone who is involved in technology. So it was natural for him to be skeptical. Like several hundred years ago, did anyone ever think that lumps of iron could be used to fly? Now, look, some planes can fly across the ocean!

Although the colonel's response was quite negative, Howard was different. Shortly after hearing Yves' words, he immediately knew and understood it.

The two of them continued to chat about random things that might be developed in the future. After being bored, Yves returned to reading a book while occasionally glancing at the two beautiful flight attendants on the plane. Not bad; at least he can refresh his eyes a little. It was just that Yves missed Professor Jennifer and Aunt Barra a little. If they had accompanied him now, Yves would have been venting with the two of them in the room, keke~.

The autumn wind blows, and Berlin's enormous airport has been occupied by many civilian and military aircraft. But this year all the planes were used to transport materials. Airfare is quite expensive, so it's only natural that there are only a few people who can afford airplane services.

Compared to America, still in the great depression, the streets of Berlin were filled with working people. When war is about to break out, all materials need to be prepared; this gives the citizens a chance to work.

In this era, Germany experienced an increase in power, economy, and stability that rivaled America; in short, Germany became a Super Power country after Hitler took the head of state.

Looking at the bustling streets, Yves started to think of something. Wouldn't it be great to invest his money in buying a lot of fields? In the future, he will purchase and employ farmers for himself. Hey, what a great idea. Corn, Potatoes, and Carrots were the main crops he would grow in the future.

These three are the main meals. Corn can be eaten as food, potatoes can be eaten as a substitute for rice, and carrots as a vitamin supplement that can reduce many oral diseases.

But the critical reason Yves chose the three things is the fruiting process that is fast and inexpensive. Like sweet potato leaves, all three plants can be quickly grown in any soil.

Corn, carrots, potatoes, and other fruits would be continuously imported when war broke out. It is very profitable!

***

The people who greeted Yves and Howard were German military officers who looked resolute and firm. The soldier would escort them to their destination.

Hotel Germany is where academic exchange guests gather. Apart from scientists from the United States, there were also scientists from various other countries who came.

When Yves arrived at the hotel, it was already four in the afternoon; there were still a few hours left before the banquet. Since it was Yves' first time in Germany, he naturally felt refreshed and curious. But he wasn't really that excited.

Yves stayed in the hotel and didn't come out. He didn't come out because he wasn't very familiar with the environment; besides, there was no one to accompany him. Plus, he doesn't speak German, so he better stay and read a book while waiting for tonight's banquet.

Evening parties are an excellent opportunity to get to know and connect with influential people. It would be even better if he met someone who could deliver him to the Super Soldier Serum he's been dreaming of.

Yves was obsessed with Serums; it was a way for him to become stronger. In fact, he could become strong with black technology. Still, Yves was several decades more primitive than the technology that existed in the future. Maybe he could make a suit of armor like Iron Man's after thirty or forty years of study, which wasn't a good choice at the moment.

*Knock!* *Knock!* *Knock!*

While Yves was reading, suddenly there was a knock on the door. Yves curious; who wanted to meet him?

A man was standing in front of the door. "Hello, who are you looking for?"

The middle-aged man with dull eyes said as he stretched out his hand, "Hello, my name is Zola. Nice to meet you, Yves. This is our first time meeting, junior."

Yves's eyes immediately narrowed; it was Dr. Zola! Hydra's chief scientist during World War 2!

Smiling, Yves said, "Oh, it's you, senior Zola. Nice to meet you, I'm honored to have a chat with you. Please come in." Yves greeted politely.

In addition to Zola, there are also two sturdy bodyguards outside the door; the two bodyguards are very muscular!

Zola looked at the two bodyguards, then ordered, "Wait for me outside; I'll have a chat with my juniors first."

"Understood!" The two guards nodded.

"Would you like some coffee or tea?" Yves offered calmly, but he quietly grabbed the magnetic gun on his thigh. This will be a precautionary measure.

"Don't bother too much, but you can make me some tea if you want." Dr. Zola removed the hat, revealing an almost bald Mediterranean head.

Are all intelligent people bald? Zola and Lex are the same; hey, it's interesting.