Chapter 19

After dinner, it is time to start the plan. Yves offered to accompany Dana home.

In this era, the night is very chaotic. Because the Great Depression is still ongoing, many people find it challenging to find work, and as a result? There are many unemployed people on the streets at night.

With this sad condition, a lot of crime has sprung up. Robberies were also common, so Yves wanted to take Dana with him.

Beautiful women need more protection!

Although slightly hesitant, Dana nodded and agreed to be escorted by the man. Even though his figure looks a little thin, it's better than nothing.

Yves knew that Dana was belittling his physique slightly, but what could he do? After all, he's not a super-soldier like Steve.

Indeed, he often does regular exercise, but his physique is still not as good as the Baki series characters.

Want a physique like Arnold or Wolverine? The dream is too high; wait until he develops a Serum or drug without side effects equivalent to Captain America's!

"Teacher, don't worry. I'll take you home safely." Yves said in a confident tone. Even though he wasn't good at fighting, he was still optimistic about his advanced technology.

"I trust you, Yves. You're pretty smart; you must have some plans behind your shirt." Dana nodded with a sweet smile.

She didn't have the slightest doubt about the little man's intelligence.

The two of them walked while talking and laughing. Sometimes they will speak of a specific topic like chemistry.

With this topic, of course, Dana is superior and excited when discussing it. After all, Chemistry is her specialty.

Time passed quickly, and they were already halfway through; if nothing terrible happened, they would be at the apartment in about ten minutes.

At this moment, a mysterious man jumped out, blocking their way.

In his hand was a small gun; the man growled and said, "Hahaha, after waiting all night, I finally got two prey!"

Yves and Dana looked at each other. This was the first time that Dana had been in a situation like this! After being stunned, Dana looked a little scared and took out her wallet, "I'll hand over my money; please don't hurt us. Take it, and let us go!"

But Yves said otherwise; how could he be silent in this situation? Isn't this the right time to be a 'hero'?

Yves stepped forward, shielding Dana with his back, "Bro, don't do this. You just want money, right? We can give it."

"Dana, don't be afraid; I will protect you."

"Huh? Boy, are you pretending to be a hero? Do you think you're that strong?" The robber said fiercely.

"Quickly hand over the money. Otherwise, I will shoot you!" The robber shouted loudly, even starting to aim with his gun.

Yves immediately opened his backpack; he said, "Okay, don't worry, I will look for it. If you want money, I will give it to you; please don't hurt my girlfriend!"

"Hmph, don't talk too much nonsense! Hurry up and get the money out!"

Yves kept busy distracting the man. Will he hand over the money to the opponent? Of course not!

Quickly, Yves smacked the robber in the face. Drop the opponent to the ground.

In just one hit, the mugger fell to the ground! It's not that the punch is vital; it's just that the opponent isn't very prepared.

Having mastered the situation, Yves hastily grabbed Dana's hand and fled to safety.

Seeing his panicked girlfriend, Yves said, "Dana, are you okay? Don't worry, we're safe here."

Dana smiled with relief, "Thank you, Yves. You really are a brave man who is good at tricks."

"You must be tired, come to my house; I'll give you a drink."

***

The next day Yves went to buy breakfast for Dana and himself.

While eating, he thought about what future he should do. He needs to develop more than what he has achieved now.

After all, this world is full of great people. Some even have an IQ comparable to or even more significant than Einstein's!

Some have explosive combat power too. If possible, Yves wanted to increase his strength as well.

In this world, conflict happens very often. Whether it's a war, an Alien invasion, or another matter.

It would be funny if he died before he could experience magic or any other wonderful thing that exists in this universe.

-----

read chapter 72 on;

patréon.com/mizuki77