Nightmares

Hey guys I wanted to dedicate this chapter to bookreadxr ! Thanks for reading!
-------------------------------------------------------

Doctor's POV

Rose was sleeping, I was tinkering away at the console. My thoughts were cut off, when I heard a blood curtailing scream, causing me to jerk my head up and hit my head against the console. "Rose!" I yell ignoring my throbbing head.

I ran down the corridors until, I found a door with a rose painted on it. I flung the door open, as my eyes frantically searched the room for whoever or whatever had caused Rose such distress. It was empty, but Rose was laying on her bed in a fetal position. She was trembling and crying into her knees.

"Oh Rose." I say, lightly. I walked over to her bed and sat down. I began to rub circles on her back. Her crying made my hearts ache. I wrapped my arms around her shaking body, and sat her down on my lap. My hand was now at the back of her head, keeping it against my shoulder. Her legs were wrapped around my waist, and her arms around my torso, holding onto my shoulders.

My hand was gently pulling her lower back closer, "I'm here, I got you." I cooed, running my hand through her hair. Her sobs broke me, little by little. Rose's beautiful hair smelled of lavender scented shampoo. "Shh it's over , its over." I purred.

"It seemed so real." she murmured, barely audible. "I know, but it was only a nightmare, love." I pleaded. "What if it was real?" she shuttered. "Then I would save you." I informed.

"What was the nightmare about?" I question, as my hand rubs her back in a soothing motion. She then proceeds to bury her head further into the crook of my neck and shoulder.

"Rose, I can't protect you if you don't explain what I need to save you from." I hummed into her hair. I lightly kissed the top of her head, and nuzzled her further into my embrace.

"They killed you." She choked. Her sobbing got worse, as she held me tighter.

"And then?" I noted. "It was terrible." she cried, clamping onto me even harder.

"Did they hurt you?" I blurted.

"It was torture." She bawled. I was furious, but I knew it was only a dream and she was in my arms. The feeling of nervousness was now lingering. What if this were to really happen? She would be tortured until she died, and I would be dead, I would have no way to save her.

"I would never let that happen." I claimed. This was a promise I would keep until her and my days were over. "But we can't keep running forever!" She doubted.

" I will, and if you can't, I will carry you." I replied.

"What use is it? I will die and you will learn to forget me and run off for the rest of the world. I'm just a useless unimportant human." She urged.

"Don't you dare think like that, I won't let you. You mean the whole universe to me. You are important to me. Also, what's wrong with you being a human? Humans are one of my favorite species!" I rambled.

"I won't be able you stay with you forever. I will die, and you will find someone better than me to worry over. You said so yourself Doctor I wither away and die, you regenerate." She ranted, now staring at me.

Since my hand was still at the back of her head, I pulled her lips to mine. She froze for a second and kissed me back. I laid us back against the bed and kept her in my arms. The kiss soon broke. "I will find away to keep you with me forever, I promise you Rose Tyler I will. I will never loose anyone I love again, so you won't be leaving my side for the rest of eternity."

She put a weak smile on and held onto me. I placed her head on my chest as she listened to my twin heartbeats until she was asleep. " I promise." I whispered.