Hourglass

Rose's POV

My head, it was bleeding. Spinning as if I was trapped on a merry- go -round.  Chains, I could feel them around my wrist but I couldn't bring myself to open my eyes. The ground I lay on felt like glass, smooth.

Prying my eyes open, I saw I was in what seemed to be a large hourglass. I was below the sand pit, as it was corked. I slowly stood, the chain only being four feet made me hunch a little. My feet where locked in place, as I knew now what was going to happen.

"Hello Mrs Tyler! Sorry about your head, but I'm just an interested onlooker. Pondering if the Doctor is really an able man, able to save his companion," A voice chuckled.

"Who are you? What do you want with the Doctor?" I shout, as I fell to my knees. It hurt, my body ached as my mind nearly made me delusional.

"Game time!" He laughed.

"Rose! Get her out, now!" The Doctor commanded, as he banged at the glass. As I shut my eyes tightly, trying to ignore or at least calm the pain.

"That's no fun, you have to find the key first! Ok let me explain, that chain is four feet long. This hourglass is more of a four-hourglass. Every hour you don't find her, she gets pulled closer to the bottom.  The sand will fall, but also let me say this. That sand may be a bit warm, when I say a bit I mean as when you burn your feet on the beach warm. So lets play this game!"  The man announced.

"Master stop this!" The Doctor fumed, as he tried to sonic the glass.

"Well Doctor you better start looking because the games starting. Now!" He boomed, as the sand began to fall. I winced as I shut my eyes trying to keep them clear, as I felt the sand hit my wounded head.

"Doctor hurry," I pleaded, as he nodded running off. An hour had passed, as my skin burned. The chain yanked me further down, as I face planted into the sand below. All of it falling onto my back, my eyes widened as I saw what lay before me, in the sand there lay the key.

"You cheated!" I screamed, as I heard the so called Master chuckle.

"No, I just said find it. He has to come find it, if he sees it you're set free." He explained, as I tried to grab it. The chain didn't get me closer, as I grabbed it in my mouth. Letting another hour go bye, as it felt as the grains of sand where scrapping my skin.

I violently struggled, the Doctor needed to get here. The sand is already up to my waist, as I felt it tug again. Hour three, as It poured down fast. My neck getting covered, as the Doctor ran in finally. As I held the key through my teeth.

"I found it!" The Doctor shouted, as the cork snapped shut.

"Fine you win," The Master sighed, as my hands unlocked. The Doctor pulled me out, as I rested my head on his shoulder, the key falling into his lap. He shoved it into his pocket, as he traced the sonic over the irritated skin.

It felt amazing after, a little cold though. As his hands tangled my hair, as we tried to get the sand away from my cut head. After a while, he carried me off to the TARDIS.

"My lovely Rose, how did you get the key?" He asked, as he helped with my head wound. I still felt more surreal as I wobbled trying to get up. The Doctor frowned, carrying me off to bed.

"It was in the sand, couldn't reach so I bit it." I explain, as he slowly pulled down my jeans, and pulled up my shirt. His attention staid on my face, as he tucked the covers around me.

"Shower," I murmur. Not liking the remaining sand, especially in my hair.

"Later you can, right now you will most likely hurt yourself falling," He insisted. As I felt a chaste kiss to my temple. I slowly nodded, as I drifted slowly. This time I felt soft lips on mine, showing concern and love. As they left quickly, as I heard the door shut.