The you I see,no one else does

Rose's POV

Times like this remind me of when this all began, his brown eyes so broken with despair; much like his blue ones not so long ago. He never knew I noticed, even with his superior senses, he was so lost when he was out done.

I wanted to get closer, hold on to him until he was certain he could let go. Give him something to hold onto that he wouldn't lose. Be the thing that will keep him tied down the universe even when his hearts where being ripped from his chest.

"Just this once everybody lives!"

Those words rung in my head, he was so happy then. The same bright smile was in this Doctor's eyes when we sat together in the apple grass.  He was always like this, hiding away from all but himself. His mind so filled with heart break and sorrow; needless to say he showed no other the objects in his heart filled of torment.

"I could have saved them," He whispered, bringing my eyes backup to him. He was bent over, head down and his hands gripped to the TARDIS railing.

"That wolf killed, and killed and I almost lost you to it," He stated. I shivered, knowing he didn't mean BÄD WØŁF but the werewolf itself. Something about the way he said it; did remind me of it though, I remember his face when it happened.

"I'm here though, not lost." I whisper, leaning against the railing. My eyes now trained to the side of his face, as he turned his head to look at me. 

"Are you okay Rose?" He asks,  his eyes filled with concern like no other.

"You okay? Don't just say you are because I know what that means, looking sad when you think no one can see you," I retort. He flinched, and took a step back. Obviously taken back by my words, but shakes his head with hurt eyes.

"Fine, are you?" He urges again.

"Not anymore, how can I if you're not?" I ask, tearing up slightly. The Doctor's face softened, his eyes did too but soon went back to they're hard shell.

"Rose I said i'm f--"

"The Doctor lies," I state. "Would It kill you to be honest with me? I vowed never to leave because I care so much. I don't ever want you to be alone, I know how bloody broken you are and I try so damn hard to make your time with me as brilliant as it can be, but how will I know I did just that?" I stutter.

He slowly came closer, his arms gliding around my waist. Pulling me to him hesitantly, as I leaned into his arms.

"I can see it in your eyes, the look you give when all's gone wrong; it hurts it really does Doctor. I know you're upset but please just let me help. I know somethings you still won't let me see, but the little I can help you with will mean a whole lot more to me, so please just let me in. Even if its the smallest of things because i'm here till the end." I stammer. Burying my head into his chest.

"My brilliant fantastic pink and yellow human, always so loving for me. I don't deserve you, but yet you give and give," The Doctor sighs.

"You know I love you," I say fearlessly, no matter the outcome I would never let go. 

"I love you too, that's why I don't want to hurt you," He whispered into my temple.

"If you're hurt then you're not going through that pain alone," I courageously say, giving no room for an argument.

"Okay," he murmurs, kissing my temple.

"You know I've seen through that disguise you wear many times before,"

"Yea, and I'm glad you have. I'm sorry it hurt you though."

"Don't be, you where in more pain then I."