Promises to keep

The woods are lovely, dark and deep. But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep. -Robert Frost-

3'rd Person

"You sure he will come back Rose? The bastard even said he wouldn't come back and he still went after her!" Mickey shouted, pacing back and forth. Rose let some tear's fall from her large eyes, and walked away through the corridors hoping Mickey wouldn't follow; luckily he didn't.

Her steps where heavy, as her head grew lighter. Everything felt surreal, images of time, space, and everything in between began flashing in her mind. Rose whimpered, holding her head but a wisp of gold started leading her away. She had to follow the wisp that lured her further down the twisting corridors until she found herself in front of the T.A.R.D.I.S.

The doors where wide open, and so was the console.

"That light," she hummed. Stalking closer heavy flashbacks shrouding the human's mind, while being blinded by that consoling light.

"Do you remember this? Did it complete you? I know it's you Rose, you know it too. Wake up Rose, you are the BAD WOLF!" The T.A.R.D.I.S encouraged, curiosity clear in the sentient ship's voice.

"Yes," I agreed voice lightly shaking. I could hear Mickey screaming my name down the corridors, but the T.A.R.D.I.S  closed the doors to make sure our conversation remained uninterrupted.

"He's far to alone Rose, I know you want a life with him. If you go through with this you will have your forever, and we'd love to have you." The T.A.R.D.I.S admitted. I nodded, letting it all go through me. I dropped to my knees, feeling my chest tighten, as if all my organs were shifting, shrinking, and another heart beating.

It hurt badly, but it cleared quickly as she fell unconscious. Two pairs of hand's banged at the door's, to which the Doctor and Mickey saw the console shut.

"No!" The Doctor shouted, running over to his small companion. He couldn't lose two people today, he already lost someone who saw into his mind, he couldn't lose his lover also. Mickey wrapped her up into his arms, but quickly dropped her when he felt two hearts.

The Doctor was quick to catch Rose, as Mickey hugged against the railing. The Doctor's eyes widened, as he felt the steady beating of heart's against his own. "

"That's impossible," he stated, earning a smug hum from the T.A.R.D.I.S. "What did you do?" He shouted at the ceiling, framing his companion's face with his hand.

"She's, she's one of you! She's a bleeding monster!" Mickey shrieked.

"She's not a monster, she's a goddess." The Doctor smiled, holding her tightly; tears threatening to spill from his eyes. He was careful in picking the limp body up before walking her to her room, tucking her into bed before setting coördinates for Cardiff.

Mickey all but ran out of the door's while the Doctor sent the T.A.R.D.I.S back into the time vortex. His feet carried him quickly to his Rose.

"Why'd you change her? How did you in the first place?" He asked the T.A.R.D.I.S, while combing Rose's hair with his fingers.

"You aren't yourself when you're alone, and she's the only one capable of staying, and making sure you don't break." She hummed triumphantly.

"Oh," he whispered, feeling his lover shift beneath his touch. A small groan escaped her lips, as he pulled her into his lap. His hand never stopped its motion in her hair, as she snuggled against his chest waking up slowly.

"Doctor?" She whimpered, obviously feeling weary her head resting heavily against his chest. Her hand moved over his heart, while her ear rested on the other. Suddenly her breathing seemed to shift, as she struggled to breathe.

"How do you breathe like this?" she asks, earning a chuckle from the Doctor as he guided her breathing. Once she got the hang of it she smiled fondly at him.

"How are you feeling?" The Doctor asks, kissing her forehead.

"A little overwhelmed," she admitted with nervous laughter.

"I'd assume so," he sighed. The Doctor affectionately nuzzled her hair, as she held him tightly.

"Rose, you shouldn't have done that. Didn't you want a family? A life for yourself? You just gave that all away to stay with me." He argued.

"I promised you forever, and I intend on giving it to you," she whispered, placing her small fragile hand on his cheek.

"Well i'm glad you're here to stay, because I never want to let you go, and I promise you I never will." The Doctor chuckled, kissing her her temple.

"I guess we both have our promises to keep; our protection, and forever." Rose hummed.

"I won't sleep until I know we; those promises are kept, and we're halfway there." The Doctor answered.