Mermaid tales

Doctor's POV

I've always been fascinated with mermaids. They're absolutely extraordinary! My interest in them peaked when one day I saw a red tail in the water, I ran towards it causing it to swim away.

I knew that was no ordinary fish, but yet a mermaid. I spent a year searching for the lovely maiden who's tail I had saw.

The tail seemed to follow me, but always retreated as I got closer to investigate. I often sat by the sea shore, sketching the tail, hoping some day I could see the mermaid it belonged too.

There were so many legends about them, what if they were true? Maybe she would taunt me into the sea and drown me.

Use her seduction, as her voice drew me closer. As I was her pawn and nothing more.

Today was different, I had fallen in the water. As I opened my eyes under the water. There she was, several feet In front of me.

I could tell it was her, her lovely tail was exactly the same. Her chest was covered by her hair, as she stared for a second, and reached her hand out lightly, but pulled away before she swam away quickly.

I swam to the surface, catching my breath. As I was shocked, she was absolutely gorgeous. She was real, and I was in love.

Weeks went by, as I sketched her breathtaking figure. I needed to find her again. She didn't seem as if she wanted to hurt me. But it still could have been a trick.

The image of her reaching her delicate hand out to me, it was painted in my mind.

My thoughts where cut off when I heard a women's screen. I ran, as what I saw in the distance made me furious.

The mermaid, she was being pulled out of the water by her tail, as she screamed helplessly trying to get back to the water.

I knew those men were trouble, it was Jimmy stone, and Mickey smith. I ran at them, slamming into them. As they let her tail go.

She looked up at me, as she got herself back in the water. Swimming away as fast as she could.

"What the hell where you doing?" I yelled, as the men looked furious as well.

"You let her get away," Jimmy snarled, pointing at me. As he got closer, Mickey held him back. But I wasn't afraid of him, if he dare hurt her again they're both dead.

Jimmy stopped struggling against Mickey, as the both left disappointed. I stared at the horizon. As I saw the red tail splash as I headed for the sun.

I smiled, knowing she was safe for now. Hopefully she didn't think I was a threat to her, probably scared of humans. No wonder she always swam away.

I sighed, walking back to my small home. It was nothing fancy, very bland. I chopped up some meat, as I ate.

I stared up at the portraits of her, I had hung every sketch I've made of her. As I had a map, with pins on everyplace I saw her.

I was hopelessly in love, but I knew she would never love me back. I ran my hand in my hair, as I fell onto my bed.

I will look for her again tomorrow, as I sketch her again. It was a wonderful night. As I dreamt of her, singing to me peacefully.

In the morning I got dressed, just some black slacks and a white dress shirt. I went to my normal spot, rolling up my sleeves. As I began to sketch. As I could hear the waves behind me. I was right on the coast.

The sketch was coming along rather well, I was caught staring at it not able to continue several times.

"Is that supposed to be me?" A feminine voice called from behind.