Stance

Rose's POV

I held on tightly to the Doctor, as his arm stayed secured to my waist. Keeping me close to his chest, as a weird alien was throwing out some threats.

Of course a few involved me, breaking my fragile human bones. But the Doctor's stance was one of a soldier, he wasn't going to let anything happen and there's no telling what he would do if they tried.

"Sorry, but I can't let you do any of those things." The Doctor 'apologized'.

"And why is that?" The Alien retorted, getting closer. As the Doctor held me tighter.

"Try and you won't be alive much longer," The Doctor stated. Tension grew in the air, would he really kill someone for me?

That's one of the things I've noticed since he regenerated, he seems much more accepting with killing to get his way. But then again he's now known for his motto of no second chances.

As if he's trying to be victorious of what he claims to be his, almost as if he's going to start yelling he's Time-Lord victorious. But he is, he survived; And is still fighting the war, winning too.

"My my Doctor, aren't you a pacifist?" The Alien asked, his voice mocking. As I could feel it's eyes on me, as I cowered into the two beating hearts.

"Yes, but if anything dare try hurting this human and I turn lethal." The Doctor replied. Letting me clutch to him tighter, knowing I wanted to just go and stay in the TARDIS.

"Why a human? Something so fragile, worth-"

"Don't you bloody dare," the Doctor cut him off, his voice as sharp as daggers.

"Hitting a little close to home, am I?" It taunted, as the footsteps grew closer.

The Doctor pulled me from his chest, as he secured me behind him. Flush against him, as his arm was behind my back keeping me in place.

"Now if you wouldn't mind, I'm going to go put my companion to bed in her room. Then we can settle this," he explained. As he turned to me, keeping me in front of him as we walked.

The alien stared, as I walked in the TARDIS not wanting to be alone. Last time that happened he sent me away.  The Doctor took me by surprise his lips on mine, as we kissed for a minute.

"Rose, I need you to go to sleep, you can sleep in my room if you'd like. I will meet you soon, I promise not to leave you, I won't do that ever again." He explained, as I nodded.

"Lock this TARDIS from the inside please," he said as I was shutting the doors.

I locked them, as I went off to get ready for bed. I quickly dressed, wondering what exactly the Doctor could be doing. But I knew the enemy would most likely be dead after this.

I loved the Doctor, I knew he had to do some things. But I wasn't the biggest fan when he had to kill, but I knew it was for our protection; my protection.

So I knew not to question, as I went off to my own room. Even if the Doctor said I could sleep in his bed, it just was overwhelming.

I've only ever slept in his bed once, and that was after he got me back from the beast. After an hour, I could hear footsteps in the hall.

The Doctor slowly came into my room, As I felt the bed indent. A gently hand falling through my hair.

"Rose Love, I said you could sleep in my bed," the Doctor pointed out.

"Or you could sleep in mine," I point out, as he kicked off his trainers.

"That I could," he smiled. As we both shuffled under the covers. I turned to my side, for him to do the same. As we lay staring at one another.

His hand residing on my face, his thumb absently stroking.

"You know I would never let anything hurt you Rose, you do believe me don't you?" He asks.

"Yes Doctor, I believe you," I smile, my eyelids drooping.

"I love you Rose, goodnight my love," he whispers. His lips meeting my forehead, as I am pulled back to a familiar spot in the Doctors chest.

"I love you too Doctor,"