chapter ten

The library was her safe place, especially since it was the day after Halloween, not a lot of kids would be up for hogsmeade, either roaming the castle or staying in the library.

Unfortunately, she decided to not visit the library as it would be filled with teenagers with headaches and wanting to vomit. The plan with Barty didn't go exactly the way she planned, not getting much sleep and the fact the girls in her dorm stayed up giggling and having too much 'punch.'

Sitting on the couch and reading her book, Nora knew the boys wouldn't be up for hogsmeade, deciding she was perfectly capable of going by herself to find herself something for her own birthday.

Her mother rarely got her anything, other than a dress to wear for Christmas, her father loved spoiling her before Hogwarts, every now and then sending her necklaces or any type of jewellery. "Where are you going?" Severus asks, coming from behind.

"Hogsmeade, care to join?" She asks, holding her coat in case it's nice weather. "No I'm good, going to see Avery and Mulciber, they're too hungover to get food."

Showing the three croissants he stole, Nora rolled her eyes as she watched Snape go up the dorm steps for the boys side, hoping he wouldn't get hexed at.

The dungeons were finally at a temperature that wouldn't make you freeze to death, knowing the other houses would complain so much about the temperature because of the way their potions classes were in the cold.

Making her way outside and smiling at professor Flitwick, Nora went with the group and hoped there would be someone she could tolerate with, deciding to walk alone and hope nobody would join her. "I'm telling you, if we go to Zonkos first, then we can get the supplies for our next prank, otherwise we'll have to go at the end and it's always the busiest at the end of the trip."

Dragging her face down, Nora wished she wasn't in front of the boys she dreaded the most. Luckily enough, they didn't recognize her, continuing to walk behind her and be so loud and annoying all at once. "Oh screw you three, I'm going to go and get myself a hot cocoa before I begin to shop, got to fill up my belly." Trying to not laugh at their conversations, Nora wished she didn't hear about Potter going to the Three broomsticks, also going in that direction.

The light cold breeze hit her pale cheeks, she felt her teeth jitter before she realized the cardigan she wore did not help her whatsoever, putting her coat on. "Ah Hello Miss.Black, what brings you here today?" One of the townies that lived there always loved Nora's presence, especially when the other Slytherins choose to ignore them completely. "I'm swell, how's your daughters store? Did it take off yet?" She asked, walking with the man named Aberforth. "No unfortunately not, we decided to not go ahead with it." He waved it off. His beard got longer than the last time she had seen him, slowly turning grey— old age.

"Aww that sucks, I would've loved to see and buy some— but not to take home mother would not approve, I rather leave it in the common room and let the others enjoy the presence of a plant." Nora humbly said, hearing Aberforth give a chuckle. "Oh Nora you always keep me young," he laughed.

"Well I must get my mail, have a wonderful day Nora, be sure to ask for extra marshmallows when you go and get some hot Cocoa." Smiling and waving a goodbye, Nora turned to watch abertforth leave, slowly making his way back.

Luckily The three broomsticks weren't as hectic as she thought, finding herself a North for herself. Taking her coat off and sitting down at the end ordering one hot chocolate; people watching.

Near her booth were two girls who looked happier than ever, Nora smiled at the way they had matching bracelets, turning around and having her smile drop.