chapter seventy five

Dear James,
I'm sorry for leaving so fast, Sirius is obviously daft and stupid for his own good and I'm just trying to help him. I don't know why I bother these days. Today I'm at a bachelor party; Theo finally got away from Betty and isn't marrying her anymore, not sure why it's a bachelor party then... or why I'm here. I hope to see you soon; miss you. 
-n

"Are you using my quill and parchment to send a letter?!" Quickly giving Theos' owl the letter; Nora turned around to hear the loud screeching voice of Theo, seeing him be a little too angry over it.

"Will you shut up? He can probably hear everything." Said Damon in the kitchen, not wanting Nora to get in trouble. Sticking her tongue out immaturely, Nora walked over to the kitchen table, sitting in front of four boys, wondering why they had such worry looks.

"Why do you all look so glum? Aren't we supposed to be happy for Theo?" Nora asked, furrowing her eyebrows. She looked at every single boy, realizing they set her up and there is no bachelor party, her smile fading. "Nora, we're a bit concerned about you." Atticus stated, having a look of worry.

"Concerned? Why?" Nora asked, having a feeling that this a intervention, four boys who truly cared about it, and yet none of them were her actual brothers, frowning a little. "Well for starters," said Severus, "the smoking."

"You not caring about anything anymore."

"Your fashion choice."

"Also with you dating James potter."

Nearly choking on her own tongue, Nora cocked her head to Theo, the boys doing the same thing as to how he figured that out, clenching her jaw. "That's not true... is it?" Damon asked,  little shocked. Nora, Severus and Atticus all went quiet simultaneously, pressing her lips into a fine line as Theo slammed his hands on the table and getting up.

"WHAT?! You're shitting me?!"  He yelled, running his hands  in his hair and walking back and forth. "Nora, you do realize you're basically a spy for us now right?" Damon said, needing that to get into her head.

Keeping her lips in a fine line, Nora didn't want to talk, biting her lip, looking at Atticus as a lifeline. "Okay, let's not yell at her, in her defence, they've been dating for a full year, if you count it from when they first kissed after Sirius ran away—" 

Slapping her hand on the table and letting Atticus drop a bombshell of a statement, another loud roar came from Theo, Severus yelling in shock and Damon shaking his head. Nora pinched the bridge of her nose, wishing Atticus didn't just say that, everyone stunned and confused.

"Okay! Okay! Let's calm down." Damon said, grabbing Theo sit back in his chair, hearing him panting too much. The four of them stared at the embarrassed Nora, scared to show any emotion or say anything, clearing her throat.

"Nora, if this has been going on for a year, why didn't you tell us? We could've stopped you from getting the mark." Asked Theo, inching towards her on the table, nearly on the edge of his seat.

"Because I was embarrassed okay? And I still am. James doesn't know it but I feel like I'm betraying everything I was raised about. I hear my mothers voice everytime I see James and how she would probably have a heart attack if she heard." Nora explained, looking down at her hands and hating to be the centre of attention, frowning a little.

"What's there to be embarrassed about? He's a lad and you're a girl, least he's not your second cousin and you're getting some." Nora only understood half of what Avery said, not understanding the second part.

Looking at Atticus, the lad mouthed shagging, causing Nora to gasp. Covering her mouth, the two older boys looked at her confused, wondering what was so wrong with that. "What?! No! Why on earth would I just openly be shagging?" She asked, slightly disgusted and having an awful memory of all the people she's caught in the library.