chapter fifty seven

Hell is a teenage girl. She knew she had woken up on the wrong side of the bed when she woke up and chose violence, staring down anyone that looked at her wrong. Nora has tried to ignore every little detail in her thoughts; trying to break the cycle of going into a spiral, but she was worried things were going to change, her nightmares getting worse.

She couldn't get over her boggart, every time she closed her eyes she could hear the screaming that came form the back of her throat, a punch to the gut, winded. Her hair was frizzier, putting it into a braid and a green ribbon securing it.

Eating toast with butter always tasted weird for her, putting it down and washing it with the orange juice Regulus poured for her, being a little concerned. "Rory, what's wrong?" He asked, putting his bagel down.

Looking up from her food and needing him to repeat the question, Nora apologized for not paying attention, her eyes slightly swollen. "I fell asleep too late in the common room. I woke up there too." She lied, yawning and eating some strawberries that were pre cut for her, taking a few more to her plate.

"Is this about quidditch? You can always tell the lads you can't do it." Atticus suggested, pointing to the group, knowing they would be lenient with Nora. Waving that idea off, Nora rubbed her temples before noticing the time on his watch.

"Fuck, it's already time for class?" She asked the boys, frowning. "We've been here for an hour." Regulus told her, his plate empty and clean. Looking down at her food and seeing how she barely ate, Nora looked at her brother, ashamed to know she isn't telling him the proper truth, knowing it would just worry her more.

"Nora, I got to go, I'm walking Mary to class." Atticus said all excitingly, patting her on the head before going over to the Gryffindor table and trying to not make it obvious. "We have to go too, Evelyn Greengrass is our potion partner and hates it when we're late." Evan told the brunette, taking her toast.

Regulus stayed back for a moment, Nora standing up and swinging her back around her. "Rory," the boy said, grabbing her attention. "You would tell me if anything is bothering you right?" He asked, his eyebrows furrowing together.

Nora gave a tired smile, nodding her head, "of course Reggie" she said, lying straight through her teeth, feeling the need to protect him. Regulus seemed satisfied with that answer, catching up to Evan.

Yawning a second time and walking past the slytherin table, Nora noticed James waiting at his end of the table, looking at her with all sorts of concern, putting his hand on her shoulder. "Nora, what's wrong my love?" He asked, keeping a distance before leaving the great hall.

Nora sighed, resting her head on his shoulder, James rubbed her arm for a brief second. "Just a bad morning." She simply said, James agreeing with that. "Amen sister, Sirius couldn't sleep last night so he kept singing multiple different songs, I was so tired this morning my head started to hurt." He said, laughing a little bit.

Nora imagined Sirius still doing that. When they were younger, Sirius tended to go through her and regulus' room to show them the muggle songs he learned when their mother and father went to bed, sneakily singing around the house. She still knows the lyrics to Waterloo by a band she couldn't remember.

"Least you didn't have to hear him sing when his voice was cracking, dangerous moments especially when he tried to hit the high note." Nora scoffed, feeling James body vibrate a little with glee.

"I'm happy you and Sirius are talking again, do you think regulus ever will?" James asked, trying to not pry. Nora hummed as she took her head off James shoulder, patting him as she smiled. "Who knows, we all hold grudges in different ways." She spoke, liking his effort for understanding why regulus still won't talk to him.