chapter one hundred and fifteen

"That'll be twenty pounds." Cringing at the girl and giving her money as she chewed her gum with her pigtails, Nora felt bad as she looked at regulus and liking his haircut. He liked his curls, but he also liked the other haircut their mother had given him, going back to that.

"Here, keep the change." Nora told the girl, turning around as the took the lollipops from the desk, handing regulus the red one. Opening the door and strolling along the muggle stores, Nora was glad to be spending time with her brother one last time before going back go Hogwarts, skipping out on the order meeting.

She couldn't face any of them, especially a boy in particular, deciding to take a day off. Nora needed to be with regulus, she missed him all those times of not being at home, staying with the Lestranges. It was entertaining being with them, but she needed to be back in her actual reality, not in dreamland.

Her reality was nowhere near dreamland, and she was okay with it, knowing she fucked up the one relationship she truly cared enough about, wondering if she'll ever face him again.

Sitting on a bench with her brother, the two watched kids Nora wanted to take regulus farther from home, heading into Godrics Hallow and staring at all the houses. Many wizarding families had lived here, and Nora knew her dream wouldn't come true anymore, sighing at the houses for sale due to the war.

"So are we just not gonna talk about you and potter being in a fight?" Regulus asked, snapping Nora out of her daydreaming. "Whatever you want to know, I'll answer." She told him, feeling very honest, now more than ever.

"Okay, you two are fighting 'cause you told him right?" He asked, continuing to walk and lick the lollipops. "Yup—"

"Did you tell him I'm one? It's why you joined anyways?" Regulus cut her off, wanting to hear more of this while getting impatient. "Eveb if I did, there's no point. I could've joined for a million reasons Reggie, none of them are good enough to say why I did what I did. He hates me for it."

Turning and not seeing her brother beside her, the boy shook his head, not thinking that was good enough, looking at Nora.

"Are you kidding? Nora you joined for me, you've done things to protect your loved ones. Potter doesn't know that because you didn't explain yourself properly. You could kill the dark lord yourself if you wanted to, you're more powerful than him and it would show you're a good person. You could kill anyone to protect who you love, instead you sacrifice yourself because it's better for you than them."

Watching her brother get so passionate, she saw a side that she thought she would never see, a boy caring for his older sister, the one that raised him in every way possible. Coming over to hug her and not let her get herself down, Nora was shocked by all of this, hugging him tightly.

"You're my role model Nora, I don't say it often because everything you do, I want to do because I know it's the right thing to do. The way you're not scared of the dark lord, the repercussions of people knowing about you.... you're fucking wonder woman." Regulus choked out, Nora getting concerned when seeing his eyes get watery for a moment.

"I'm just; so proud of how far you made it with nobody by your side rooting for you. I've been a dumb and naive kid, but I know understand everything you've done, and with Potter, you can't give up. If there's one thing I've noticed, you'll never give up, so you can't now." He told her, breaking the hug now and looking at her.

Nora wasn't understanding where this was coming from, and maybe she wouldn't know, but seeing her brother be so passionate, he could write a fricking book about how amazing his older sister is. "Reg—"

"No don't thank me. You should know I'm always in your corner, and I'm telling you, potter is the one for you, regardless of being a spy or not." Feeling herself cry, Nora brought regulus in one more time as she kissed his head, feeling him hold himself from crying any more than he has.