chapter ninety three

The last two weeks went faster than ever, currently sitting at breakfast and in silence, Nora couldn't help but quite like this break. For once she and her mother never fought; and Walburga dropped the hyperfixation on regulus getting married to Lucy Greengrass— fo regulus' surprise, was quite happy. There seemed to be a switch in their mother, while they weren't sure why, were taking advantage of.

For the first time in two years, regulus was able to play his piano in the main living room; Nora napping as their mother sat with them, listening to the snores and music. It felt like the war was over for some reason, and that scared Nora in a way, still walking around the eggshells to not make piss off her mother anymore.

As much as Nora was enjoying the silence, she also couldn't help remember the ring Atticus currently has of hers; a ring she couldn't possibly wear in public without raising questions. They both knew they couldn't speak of this through letters; needing to speak about the next phase of her going through with this situation, now needing to let Evan and regulus know before it was too late.

Unfortunately Nora couldn't get away from her mother, wanting to see James and speak about this matter, but it seemed impossible with her mothers sudden new mood. As refreshing as it was, it also made Nora rethink her whole relationship with her mother.

Taking a bite into her toast, Nora looked over at regulus, wiggling her eyebrows as the boy drank his orange juice, both so eager to get onto the train. Nora knew regulus was missing Evan, not seeing him after Christmas eve, a little worried as he didn't respond to any of Regulus' mail. Only once did regulus leave for a death eater meeting; which Nora wasn't invited to, raising suspicions more.

She knew she made an impression on the dark lord, which is why she was anxious to hear his next steps towards dominance over the wizarding world. Regardless, she was to know eventually, the spy for him.

"You're both packed I presume?" Asked Walburga, putting down her tea, looking at her two children. "Yes mother." Nora spoke for the both of them, regulus nodding along.

"I will not be taking you to the station, i am visiting druella to discuss wedding preparations, Nora you can aparate there if you'd like, if not, Kreacher will be taking you." She announced, getting up for a swift moment. "Take care children." She said as of those were her final words.

Shivers ran down her arms; turning and watching her mother walk down the eerie hallway towards the stairs, creaking up the stairs. "Was evan at the latest meeting?" Nora asked, looking back at her brother, Kreacher pouring out the access coffee down the sink.

"Yes, but something is off with him, I'm not sure what." Regulus spoke, standing up to hand Kreacher his plate, Nora doing the same. "Was Atticus there? Barty?"

"I didn't see Barty; but yeah Atticus was there." Nora furrowed her eyebrows, not thinking anything of that, heading towards their luggage to leave.

Grabbing her brothers hand and all their luggage, this was only her second time doing this, nearly hearing regulus pray, both squeezing their eyes shut as they felt themselves leave, the girl nearly ran into the pole beside her if it wasn't for regulus stopping her.

"You need to practise more." Regulus said, sounding a little grouchy towards her. Nora knew why he was acting like this, sighing. "Sorry." She mumbled, fixing her hair and skirt as she saw Atticus' parents walking over towards them.

Regulus had already disappeared when Nora was hugging the Bulstrodes, Atticus' father— Benjamin, shaking her her instead of a hug. "Nora, family doing well?" He asked, Ariana staring at him closely with a reminder that her father is now dead.

"Quite, mother is helping aunt druella with wedding preparations." Nora spoke, keeping her head up high. "This year you two have fun, don't always focus on your studies." Ariana told them, Benjamin still looking at Nora with narrowed eyes.