chapter twenty nine

Family, many words could describe the perfect family; a muggle family for instance. They were warm, inviting families and people who love one another, would take a bullet for them. The Blacks were never like that, they would be the one shooting the gun at their own member, every man for themselves.

Nora never had what Sirius and James have, a sibling dynamic where they will always defend each other. In her case, Nora always sacrificed herself for her brothers, but they never returned the favour, letting her be punished, even if it was a stupid reason.

James Potter was the reason Nora never saw her brother Sirius for the last five years, and she'll never see him the same any more— both James and Sirius. Oh James, the thought of him made her stomach smile, having that lingering feeling back on her lips, oh how twisted her mind could be sometimes.

Nora tried to not think about that kiss, pushing it at the back of her mind as she tried to focus on things that are more relevant to her life, when all she wants to do is think about her first kiss with James. It lingered on her mind so much, it's been two weeks and all Nora wanted to do was go back and wish it didn't happen— but also wish it did happen.

Sirius room stayed the same, same posters permanently on the wall, and a messy bed, just the same as he left it. Nora en Regulus stood in the hallway as Walburga locked the door and looked at her two children. "Sirius is gone, this room is off limits." She said sternly, clearing her throat. Nora lousily nodded her head, looking at her mother.

It was weird, the house was more quiet, Walburga and Orion were never home anymore, leaving in the middle of the night and coming home two days later. Not only that, but more people have joined Tom Riddle and his vengeance, Nora assumed her parents had joined, or at least following his orders.

"Regulus? Do you understand me?" Walburga asked her youngest, putting her wand away. Nora looked down at her brother who stared at the ground, ignoring her. Nudging him a little, Nora saw the way regulus' eyes were too tired to even be opened. "Yes mother." Regulus straightened himself out a little, looking up and moving out of the way.

"Good, if you even try to go into his room, I'll know." Their mother spoke, walking past her children and yelling out for Kreacher. Nora lingered a little, watching her mother go up the stairs to find the house elf as her voice became distant. "So it's official, Sirius isn't coming back." Regulus sighed out, turning away and walking down the stairs to go back to his room.

"He really is." Nora sniffled, feeling as if Sirius was still truly inside his room and shuffling things around to make Walburga mad, playing ridiculous muggle music with that record he had tucked away. Nora wish she was able to kick and scream at the door, wanting to attack her brother and let him know that it wasn't fair to leave without her.

I hate you Sirius. Nora thought, unclenching her hands to not have them into fists anymore, leaving that area of the room and deciding to go for a walk.

Grabbing a coat from her room and looking for regulus, she saw him already snuggled up back in his bed, wanting to sleep for the rest of the day. Nobody cared if Nora left or stayed at home, putting on her shoes and opening the door, almost blinding herself with the sun directly hitting her face. "Merlin's tit!" She muttered, shutting the door and looking away.

"Shouldn't yell about merlin like that." Jumping from the startling voice, Nora sighed when she turned to see it was James, holding a cigarette to his mouth and wearing a jean jacket. He was clearly trying to figure out a new wardrobe, not to mention new personality, smiling at Nora.

"Go away James." Nora dismissed, putting her hands in her leather jacket, trying to seem like she wasn't about to cry. Hearing footsteps trying to catch up with her, James tried to get Noras attention as he began to walk beside her. "I didn't even do anything this time." James scoffed, defending himself as the two walked in a huff, side by side.