chapter ninety two

She was finally home, her mother paid no attention to the two anyways, still upset of losing her husband already, drinking in the morning and at night. It's like Walburga forgot all about Nora and the screw ups she's done, the alcohol changing her a little to be more happy and upbeat than rude of throwing curses.

As much as Nora liked this version of her mother, it was because of the alcohol, having to remind herself of that whenever she looked at her. Sitting and listening to regulus attempt to play the piano, Nora knew she wouldn't be any better, hearing him hum a tune as she watched their mother walk into the living room, no glass in her head, however she has a new shade of pink.

"Children go get ready for the engagement, we must be on time." She announced, regulus not playing the piano anymore and getting up. "Nora, your cousin  sent a dress for you to wear." Walburga mumbled out, scoffing and watching her children leave.

Going up the stairs and both wanting to see what dress it was,  regulus was stunned to see it, Nora opening the door wider as she was amazed.

The corset was all silver rhinestones as it slowly progressed to be silver and off the shoulder, both amazed as to why Nora wasn't wearing green like usual. "There's a note." Regulus spoke; handing it to Nora.

Don't be mad at me, I thought this dress would be perfect as a bridesmaid. The other girls are wearing something similar to this, don't make that pouting face, you're going to love it once it's on.

"Are you?" Regulus snorted, shaking his head and heading into his room, shutting the door behind him. Nora stared at the dress, wondering what possessed her cousin to make her wear this. She was so used to her green dresses she began to miss it, "oh cissy, you're funny." Nora said, taking the dress off the hanger and beginning to change into it, nearly falling to the ground due to how big it was, struggling.

Standing in front of her and grimacing, Nora y know what to do with her hair, mumbling a spell to have her hair get curly again as she grabbed some strands and pinned it back with a black bow. Grabbing some jewelry to wear on her neck and wrists, her face had already been glowing, being beautiful as ever as she opened the door, regulus steady changed into his suit.

"You clean up well." She teased, patting regulus' cheeks. The boy rolled his eyes at his sister, clearing his throat when they saw their mother come around their corner. Her eye bags were horrible, barely sleeping as she smelled like booze, holding a glass of wine with her dress not even on yet.

Nora sighed at her mother, watching her put the glass down in the hallways dresser with many smaller photos that moved a little. One of those photos still had Sirius, watching if he knocked backwards as the glass was put down properly now.

"Mother you cannot show up drunk." Nora spoke, furrowing her eyebrows. "You stupid girl, how dare you speak to me like that." Walburga snarled as she screwed her face up in disgust, Nora widening her eyes.

"You two are going, in no way am i going to celebrate a marriage that will he in shambles." Her eyes nearly came out of her face. No adult has ever missed an engagement party, and it certainly shouldn't be her own nieces. Nora wasn't going to fight her on this, already knowing how to aparate, it was safer due to wearing a dress that could be caught, shrugging her shoulders.

Grabbing regulus' hand and apparating outside the door, the snow suddenly cleared up in the front of the house, hearing an orchestra play throughout the house, the door already open. It was the most beautiful thing she had ever witnessed.

She didn't know where to look as regulus helped her up the last step, both seeing the manor transform into a winter wonderland theme, stunned by all the decorations and the way the orchestra sounded, playing songs that were so beautiful and so angelic.