chapter eighty four

The war was getting worse, she could feel herself becoming more attached the war outside than caring about being in detention for standing up against a snotty Gryffindor;  calling the Slytherins devils.

If she had a dagger, she would be tempted to put it towards his throat and threaten him in ways nobody else could describe. Her anger was showing, it has been since her debate with Severus, becoming angry with the way he acts like he knows everything about her, knowing more than her.

Her true colours were showing, everyone knew Nora would go mad; especially now after her fathers passing, it felt like she was possessed, angry all the time and don't know how to change, ready to pick a fight. Betty annoyed her most of all, she never knew when to stop before Nora could throw her into a wall, Evan always stopping her.

Sitting in detention with Slughorn; she was happy to see him again, both sitting tiredly in their seats. Nora knew Slughorn was on edge, especially with the death eaters wanting him. It was bound to happen to start recruiting the elders— however Slughorn was pushing seventy or eighty.

Staring at the poor man; he looked too tired to even be hosting this detention, being with the bitch beside her on one side, and regulus on the other. Arthur Mclaggen had no right to call Nora viscous names, but he did anyways, hating him for that and Regulus wanting to slice and dice him.

"Oh smile Black; just be lucky I'm not suing you." He told her, rubbing his arm from where Nora casted a spell, rolling her eyes. "You don't scare us Mclaggen, we could've gone a lot harder on you." Regulus seethed, shaking his head, disgusted with the boy.

"Well; you should be scared little regulus, no more father and deranged mother? Only wonders what's going to happen to you two." Hearing a chair slide, Nora grabbed regulus to not lunge at him, hearing a scream come out of Mclaggen.

"Reggie don't, he's not worth it." Nora told him, Slughorn standing up from his chair. "Mr.Mclaggen you are excused, Nora, regulus please stay back." Her professor spoke, Mclaggen rushing out of the classroom immediately.

"Oh come on professor, he was clearly trying to get a riot out of us." Regulus defended, Nora standing up to walk to his desk, his hands curling into fists. "Doesn't mean you act on it regulus, you are giving them exactly what they want my dear. You must shun away from it." Slughorn told him, coming over towards them.

Nora was growing tired of not being able to have a voice, pinching the bridge of her nose. "Professor it's getting harder out there, ever since the daily prophet came out with burning a house down and having the dark mark in the sky— they've been looking at us with fear of making us want to kill them." Nora defended, her eyes growing heavy.

Slughorn looked at the two, mixed with fear and sadness, Nora could say how he was scared to be around the two at the moment, taking a step back. Nora couldn't believe how she noticed the slight change in his body language, he was scared to even face them.

"I'm afraid I must excuse you two as well, goodnight." He said, sitting back down. Nora grabbed regulus to leave, not wanting to look back.  She's never had anyone look at her with such disappointment, she should've known however, frowning. Leaving the classroom, Nora turned to see regulus sniffling a little, making him face her.

"What?" She asked, a tear running down his face. "It's, nothing, leave it Nora." He dismissed, shrugging her hand off. Blinking rapidly, Nora wasn't going to let it go, needing to be there for him at anytime, especially now.