chapter fifty four

Nora couldn't remember the last time she didn't want to be in class, loving the way she was able to not worry about anything, being able to drown in reading and writing things down; essentially her happy place. For some reason today she didn't want to be there, standing in defence of the dark art as her professor kept talking.

"Did you hear, the seventh years are throwing a party?" Atticus whispers, purely annoyed. Nora looked away from her professor, not listening to either but pretended to act surprised. "On a Monday too; for what reason?" He scoffed, crossing his arms.

Being able to stand in the back while others stood in front of her, Nora had her side leaning on the wall, looking back at Atticus and shrugging her shoulders. "I don't see the problem." She whispered, her eyes softening.

"What— okay." Atticus stammered out, stopping the conversation.

"This is just a refresher for your N.E.W.T.s, we are going to do riddickulus with the boggart." Professor Cooper spoke, giving a small smile to the class. Nora felt her heart skip a beat, last time they had to do this, nothing showed for her, becoming a concern as to why she feared nothing.

Mostly because she feared everything and nothing at the same time. Thirteen year old Nora was scared of the world, anything that came in her way. It worried her to know she'll have to relive this fear, knowing in the last three years many things have changed.

Nora hated how this class was a mix of all four houses in her year, knowing this'll take a while, a class of 20 people, all having to witness people's fear.

"Alright, everyone line up, Slytherins up first." Professor Cooper said, waving her wand around. Hating herself for standing in the back, Nora pushed Atticus and Snape to stand in front of her, slowly walking for Cassie and Betty to be next, standing between betty and turning to the Gryffindors behind her.

"Don't be nervous, it'll probably be spiders." Her brother spoke, patting his hand on her shoulder. Nora cringed and squirmed, not praying it won't be spiders, side eyeing her brother. "Why would you say that! Now it's definitely going to be spiders." Nora whined, groaning out loud.

Atticus' fear was birds in the muggle world, reading about crows being together was called a murder, having he gets attacked by them in broad daylight. Snape's was almost funny to some people, failing his N.E.W.Ts, almost beginning to cry.

"Is he really afraid of birds?" Sirius asked, both staring at Atticus, him being a little scared. "Very, especially the black birds— crones? Crows? One of the two." Nora whispered, grimacing a little for the boy.

Before she knew it, it was her turn, her heart suddenly beating faster, having her wand out, gripping it hard that she felt her nails cutting into her. Taking a deep breath and watching the wardrobe shake a little before opening, Nora pulled her lips into a fine line, watching the door open.

Everyone began to be quiet when it was a person who stepped out, staring at Nora with her dark grey eyes and brunette hair. It was her, clearly angry as she huffed, shaking her head. She was soaking wet, water dripping down, not wearing any shoes, a scar right across her cheek.

Noras mind felt clouded, the girl in front of her so vulnerable, dropping to her knees and crying, mumbling out something. Noras hand started to shake, trying to hear what she was saying.

"He's gone, they're all gone! You're going to be alone forever!" The boggart yelled, crying more. Nora dropped her wand, realizing what that meant, watching someone stand in front of her, her ears ringing as people tried to console her, Nora pushing them all off.

She wanted to cry, escaping the classroom as she dropped to her knees in the corridor, choking back on her tears, staring off into the distance. Her biggest fear was losing those she loved, clearly during the war.