chapter thirty five

Numbness— it's a pain where you don't even realize you're hurting. Putting up this picture perfect image while you feel nothing is something she couldn't bare to do. She felt she's was being eaten up into a hole and trying to climb out, knowing she was close to living, but then it strikes once more where you have to start over. It almost feels like a game to her.

Noras ears began to ring in annoyance, feeling herself begin to be awake as her head kept pounding, feeling like someone had a muggle hammer was hitting her head the moment she woke up. She laid in her bed, almost lifeless, fluttering her eyes open, being blinded by the lights that were on her face by the wands of her roommates.

"Merlin's tit she's alive." Cassie Carrow gasped out, grabbing Betty's attention, putting her hand over her heart. Nora groaned, attempting to throw Carrows wand across the room, practically imagining herself doing so while she stared at the blonde and brunette.

"I was never dead." Nora grumbled, watching the two put down their wands and sit on Nora's bed. Betty put her hand on Nora's forehead to make sure she was feeling okay. Nora's eyes felt heavy as she blinked, looking at the expressions Betty had, frowning.

"We were worried you were going to miss hogsmeade. I know you wanted to get Reggie and Evan something." The brunette explained, trying to smile to her. Nora rubbed her eyes and realized, looking at the time to be ten in the morning, saying "thanks," faking a smile before going to her wardrobe to get ready.

Yawning and her eyes becoming watery, Nora shut to the door to the loo and stared at herself in the mirror, noticing her eye circles were darker. Her hair wasn't going to be way to tame, putting it into a long braid with a green scrunchie, washing her face.

Tiredness was washing over Nora, feeling weak and empty. The letter from her mother screwed her up, wanting to avoid the conversation to regulus and want to protect him no matter what. All she could think about was the many insults she could say to the dark lord for invading her space, knowing things will be different now.

Nora has been in this situation before, where the whole world is against her; wanting her to fail and become weak at the scene. The first time she remembered was how Sirius became a Gryffindor, the day the whole great hall went silent you could hear the pin drop, it was the worst day she's ever experienced.

She didn't want to blame Sirius for this; but in a way everything comes back in a full circle, knowing he has cut off all ties with his parents, still crawling back for the apology.

Getting out of loo and closing the door; Nora went over to her wardrobe to grab black tights, a white jumper and a Jean jacket that belonged to someone else, hoping nobody would notice that. She tried to get into the mood of being happy, hitting her face while not realizing Betty was still there reading on her bed.

"Merlin's right tit you scared me." Nora breathed out, holding her heart and making sure she could breathe. Betty scoffed, closing her book and sitting up, raising an eyebrow. "What's going on with you?" She asked in a timid voice, crossing her arms. Nora shook it off, mumbling and fixing her hair.

"Nora, I'm worried about you. You seem off these few days." Betty mentioned; getting off the bed and walking towards her, crossing her arms together. Nora rolled her eyes, scoffing a little. "Says you." Nora mumbled, grabbing the Jean jacket and holding it.

"What the hell does that mean?" Betty defended herself, titling her head. Nora stared at betty wondering is she was being sarcastic, looking down at her arms that were covered by her sleeves. Betty's face frowned and put her hands behind her back.

Nora scrunched her face; hiding her gasp a little wondering if it were true or not that, biting down on her jaw and holding back anything that was going to come off as rude. "Whatever you're thinking it's not true." Betty's voice croaked under pressure, looking down at the floor.