chapter seventy six

She may have sounded ridiculous for thinking this; but what if she made head girl? Staring at two letters that were addressed to her, standing in the kitchen with Kreacher, not knowing what to. Nora didn't want to move, as if that was going to make a difference, looking up at her elf who watched like an idiot.

"Kreacher would like Misses Nora to open her letters so Kreacher can make lunch." He told her in the nicest possible way, also hinting for her to hurry up. Taking a deep breath and opening her letter, Nora realized it was her Apparition scores, forgetting she had done in case the school would allow her. Although she was 18, she was also still in sixth year at the time, squealing a little.

"Well done misses Nora, Kreacher is proud. What is the other one?" Asked Kreacher, taking the garbage, letting her hold onto the parchment. Nora grabbed the other mail, wondering what it could possibly be, a letter from headmaster Dumbledore himself.

Her her sank a little, never wanting to see his name anymore after the task she has at hand, frowning and wondeirng what it could be.

Dear Nora Black,

          Every year it is up to me to choose my head boy and girl who have shown great attributes to the school. While you were in my running up; I then realized who my head boy was, and unfortunately we do not allow couples to be head boy or girl, therefore I'm sorry to say that you are not head girl. I felt like it was my duty to properly tell you, however James Potter will still be headboy...
         I say this was great sadden that you would be a great head girl, however Lily Evans has also been prefect so it only seemed like a great match. Also, congratulations on your apparition exam, I knew you would do sweep at that. Even though you are not head girl, I do have some to tell you that is better in person, keep in mind that I want to talk to you Nora black when you arrive for your seventh year.

- Albus Dumbledore.

"Oh my merlin, he knows! He knows and I'm going to die." Nora mumbled, sitting down from the note and absolutely baffled from how he would even know, regulus watching into the kitchen and seeing his dramatic sister groaning against the table.

"Who Knows what?" He asked, walking over to her and taking the note out of his hand, reading what it says. Nora looked at her brother who was still reading it, mumbling in different ways before looking at Nora. "You worry too much."

"And you don't worry enough." Nora told him, shaking her head a little head. "May I remind you the old hag lives in Scottland. There is no way he knows you're working with the dark lord— which reminds me, we have to go to the Lestranges today." He said, giving a frowning face.

Regulus had a letter of his own, reaching it into his pocket to make Nora read, immediately knowing this was Bella's writing, now scared of what they have to do.

Reggie— and Nora;
Now that you two are death eaters, well Reggie is; Nora you're... something. But now that you both have met the dark lord and know his expectations, it's time to teach you some survival skills and lessons in case the ministry tracks you down, especially with how highly the Pureblood are speaking of the dark lord.
Please come at 1:30 to the Lestrange manor, Rabastan and rodulphus will be here to help as well. See you then lovelies.
-Bella

"I don't like that word, lovelies." Nora cringed, regulus doing the same when hearing the word. Fortunately for the both of them, their parents still weren't home, taking advantage of leaving whenever they could.

"I'm still wondering how Dumbledore knows about me and... my favourite book" Nora said, seeing Kreacher still in their presence, regulus understanding. "I'm sure you'll be fine, you are the smartest girl in your grade, aside from the red head."regulus reassured, annoyed with her worries.