chapter one hundred and six

Narcissa's wedding came and went, all one blur. Nora could barely remember any of it, sitting at a table with people laughing all around her as she could barely eat her food, knowing there was a death eater watching her to not be killed, exposing herself to being with people around her that weren't someone like Atticus or her younger brother.

The wedding was magical in itself, she just wished she could remember it properly without feeling herself drown into rock bottom again, that familiar feeling was coming back, paranoia, oh her best friend.

Riddle had an effect on Nora, scared of what was to happen to her in one way or another, barley touching her food as she slurped on the milkshake James got her. "So Nora? How was Cissys wedding?" Sirius asked.

Nora didn't hear him the first time, all watching her look out the window, her eye twitching. "Nora?" Asked sirius, snapping his fingers at her. "Merlin woman, you hungover or something?" He sassed, Nora looking away to wonder what he said.

"She doesn't even drink sirius." James reminded his best friend, Nora taking another sip of her milkshake. "Wedding was fine, Cissy wore a ballgown dress. You'll see it in the prophet soon. Many photographers." Nora plainly said, Sirius baffled.

"What— that's it? No drama? Nothing?" He asked, Nora shrugging her shoulders. "They closed the bar at eight— mother was highly against it but aunt druella insisted."

Noras leg was shaking, noticing Peter still wasn't here, spiralling out of control. She shouldn't have been out in public, knowing he could kill her right in front of them, becoming frustrated when she finished her milkshake.

"Where's Peter? I assumed he'd be here by now?" Nora asked, wondering what the hold up was. "Pops threw his back out while gardening, he'll be here. We offered to go to the hospital with him but he didn't want us to get hungry." Remus said, handing her his milkshake, seeing how desperately she needed another one.

Switching straws and thanking him, Nora saw how Sirius still couldn't wrap his head around the no drama wedding, Nora couldn't wrap her head around the fact Peter wasn't here, growing a bit worried.

Fixing her tight flower skirt, Nora sighed, looking at the three boys. "I'm not really hungry anymore, I'll pay for my own." She told James, shaking her head. "Oh no don't worry about it, I know you aren't a big breakfast person, but we're heading to the movies around noon if you'd like to come?" He asked her, Sirius mumbling something through biting his pancakes.

"He wants you to come." Remus said in shorter words, Nora surprised he could understand him. "No that's okay, regulus is going to be stuck with mother then. I think I rather just spend time with him." She told him, the muggle waitress coming over to collect the unwanted dishes, Nora handing hers.

"I'll take it to go please." She said in a stern voice, remembering to act like a muggle as well. "No problem kid." The girl smiled, moving away as Nora saw rabastan out of the corner of her eye, sipping his coffee.

Her heart started to to beat faster, trying to be in the moment with the boys, smiling. "Next time we are definitely having breakfast at Sirius'." Nora teased, Sirius rolling his eyes. "Oh that reminds me— did you stomach hurt after drinking that milk?"

"You served me expired milk?" Nora hissed, jumping to conclusions. "Read the date wrong." The boy mumbled, James and Remus gasping. "We were just there! Did you realize before we got there?"

"Yeah... last night." Shaking her head in disappointment at her brother, Nora couldn't help but laugh at that, pinching the bridge of her nose. She didn't know if it was the insanity of not sleeping properly, or if it was actually funny, but Nora couldn't stop laughing, her stomach hurting with Sirius' comment, getting the boys to laugh with her as well.